• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Swapped beds on deuces poor mans way

mrgerke81

I did not have a crane so I had to use the poor man's method of lifting beds off of deuces to swap out. I wanted to post pictures for everyones enjoyment.

Attachments

Last edited:

rwoods

I like the way you counter balanced the tree with a bed on each side. Now help me figure out a poor man's way to lift a hardsided top off a M35 bed that the NG built from osb and wood slats without destroying it.:grd:

rat4spd

You know what's funny? I read the thread title and I said to myself, "What, by hanging it from a tree?" and my gawd, that's just what you did. :wink:

Alredneck

Banned
Ron no offense but if its a home built hardtop why save it?

As for the redneck engineering, I wonder if a deuce bed will make a good counterweight for a catapult!:roll:

rwoods

Ron no offense but if its a home built hardtop why save it?

As for the redneck engineering, I wonder if a deuce bed will make a good counterweight for a catapult!:roll:
Captain, it is tall enough for me to stand up in it, has lights, a hinged door and is covered with a cargo cover with extended canvas. In over words it doesn't look like a home built and it has some functionality for my uses, but it also limits my use. I thought about some old camper jacks but i haven't found any and new one are too expensive. Hope to see you in GA on Sat.

Alredneck

Banned
OH my bad, I thought you were talking about a Cab top, dur, im a lil slow sometimes. Yea we had a couple beds setup like that for storing extra stuff when I was in the Army. Figure it would make a good shack when out driving around.

BugEyeBear

HEY, where did you find that tree that GROWS DEUCE BEDS?!?

I WANT ONE OF THOSE!!

What kind of plant food do you give it to make sure it grows a Camo Drop Side??
& If you pick it too early does it give you an M715 bed??

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great job. [thumbzup][thumbzup]
That is good ol' egyptian engineering at its best.
I just wish I had a full size tree like that.
Heck I would like to have any trees period.aua

I am usually jacking things up, building piers out of cinder blocks and spanning distances with sister'd 2x8's. Frankly I am getting tired of moving the cinder blocks around.

One great egyptian type trick is 1-1/4" schedule 40 (thick wall) pvc pipe as rollers.
it will bend, but use it on a flat surface and you will have a roller that can support a couple thousand pounds.

greenjeepster

Captain, it is tall enough for me to stand up in it, has lights, a hinged door and is covered with a cargo cover with extended canvas. In other words it doesn't look like a home built and it has some functionality for my uses, but it also limits my use. I thought about some old camper jacks but i haven't found any and new one are too expensive. Hope to see you in GA on Sat.
In other words it would make a good building to put in the yard and keep a few chickens or maybe a hog in.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
HEY, where did you find that tree that GROWS DEUCE BEDS?!?

I WANT ONE OF THOSE!!

What kind of plant food do you give it to make sure it grows a Camo Drop Side??
& If you pick it too early does it give you an M715 bed??

:funny:

Actually, I think if you pick-em before they are ripe, you wind up with a m105 bed and then you have to bob your truck to use it.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
I did not have a crane so I had to use the poor man's method of lifting beds off of deuces to swap out. I wanted to post pictures for everyones enjoyment.
good job, welcome to the club( I used 55 gallon drums & hilift the first time I did it)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks