• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

multifuel m 35 oil leak

FUSIONWELDING

i have a hercules powered m35 it has oil dripping solwly out of the exhaust pipe any ideas what it could be would be a great help thanks dustin

sorry its a non turbo engine also

JUST BRINGING THIS UP ONE MORE TIME FOR A LIL HOPE THAT SOMEONE MIGHT BE ABLE TO HELP BECAUSE IM GOING NUTS HERE

Last edited:

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just before you go for the likely technical defect: if your truck has been sitting outside without a cap on the stack, it can happen that water gets in, washes the soot down the stack and "oily" water that collects in the J-pipe drips out somewhere. Just verify that is not something dead simple as that; after a good run all the water should have been blown out and there should b no more leakage. If it still leaks....what westech said!

FUSIONWELDING

the truck dosent have a stack just a regular muffler i tiio the muffler off and you can see the drips coming out lil by lil ,

why would the head gaskets cause an oil leak?

stumps

Look at that oil carefully. If it wicks and forms a wet circle around each drop it is probably oil. If the drops dry and look like black water color paint, it is slobber. Diesels that idle too much have lots of slobber. MF's are especially prone.

-Chuck

jatonka

The multifuel engine over fuels itself by design, the fuel is still being injected as the downward power stroke is occurring, helping to lubricate and cool the cylinder wall. when running at rated RPM, no trouble. When idling, serious over fueling, washing through the engine, exiting through the exhaust valves on exhaust stroke and finding it's way out through exhaust manifold gaskets, and all exhaust system joints. It is called slobber and is very apparaent on non turbo multifuel engines. I have been through this personnally probably 30 times and at first thought the motors were shot. 13 years later, I've learned, run them but don't idle them and the slobber will decrease very much. My turbo deuces and 5 tons don't slobber as much, I imagine a lot of it is cooked as it heads out bound to the stack. IMHO, your engine is OK, run it, it will clear out the more you run it. Don't idle below 1000 RPMs any more than neccessary which will also save your headlight bulbs from vibrating themselves to death. JT out

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks