• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So I have this 6.2.......

AndrewH

I picked up this 6.2 block because it is a fresh rebuild. It is a take out so there was something wrong with it. I tore it done and found treasure in the pan. It kinda looks like the bolts holding the rocker shafts were "out of alingment" Both bolts were broken on one rocker shaft, the pushrods had jumped, two lifters went on a journey to the center of the engine, one pushrod ventured to crankshaft land and was eaten by the locals. Something bounced around for a bit and banged up the undersides of pistons 1 and 2. So..... ANyone got a 6.2 laying around with pistons, pushrods, lifters, and a rocker shaft they wanna unload?

Attachments

AndrewH

No, they wern't. It looks like the carnage didn't take too long tho. Everything else LOOKS nice. Have to get the micrometer out......

AndrewH

That block was destined to be in a hmmwv. I have a civvy block and the rocker shafts are different. I think I'd like to get hmmwv style parts. What style are yours?

AndrewH

I just talked to the guy I got the block from. He saw this post and had offered to help me find the parts I need! Thanks Ted! Everyone who has posted I'll keep you informed if I find something I need. Thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks