• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hood Blanket Install Help Needed

hedelta

Its getting colder out I was wondering if anyone had the full instructions for the hood blankets. I searched an only found the mounting of just grill cover. I have both side blankets the grill cover and the blanket. I want to make her look as close to stock as I can.

Thanks,
Ace 3

GoHot229

Do you recall the TM for the cover? it'd save me time. Also about two weeks ago there was a thread about the blanket, the guy, I believe addressed it and had both on his truck. in pics.search: Arctic Hood Blanket, Grill Cover,Sidepannel Install Pictures.

Last edited:

cruzinz28

Been a long summer hedelta, long time no hear.

A few pictures of mine installed. I did not have all the loops that need to be installed on the panels to hold the blanket and side panels on, so I improvised the best I could. I would bring the truck down to show you, but the batteries are pulled and in pieces every where while I make my insulated battery box and install the engine coolant heater. PM me is you want to get my address so you can stop by and take a look. I can take some more pictures too if you need them. - Jesse

Attachments

Somemedic

All the saints on a saltine...

Im diggin all over that truck. But do tell about how a fella could go about and do the nifty air intake mod. The pics arent telling me the details.

cruzinz28

Here is the link to the AIRAID website were I got the universal plastic tubing:
AIRAID - The Performance Intake Company

I believe it is the 4" kit, but check you truck to make sure. I bought the kit with filter to get the rubber coupler pices to assemble the intake, but you can get those onlineor at the local big truck shop. You basically cut the tubing to use the fittings and lengths you want, pant, and bolt together. I can take a closer picture this weekend and post it as well. Hope that helped! - Jesse

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks