• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 J Code Motor with Tranny into a Land Cruiser

niferous

Ok I'm wondering if anyone has a truck they want to sell off as parts that still has the motor, tranny, and at least most of the parts for the motor. I have a Toyota Land Cruiser that I want to drop the 6.2 with tranny into. The Toyota's came with a 2F and mine is not the best running and they are horribly slow. I know my M1009 is a lot faster and get way better gas milleage so I can only imagine it would be much better in a smaller truck. I know a guy who has already done the swap so it can be done I was just hoping someone on here maybe had a truck with a rough body etc they wanted to unload. Also i'm working with another memeber who has a 3/4 ton 4x4 Suburban that is a work truck series so I'm hoping to get a lot of the CUCV specific parts off to makea CUCV 'Burb! :grin:

juspar

If no one on here has one I would check craigslist. There is all kinds of older trucks for cheap. Plus you might be able to find one with a 4 speed auto. Then you would get killer mpg. I have seen the truck you were talking about on you tube. Its a diffrent set up but sweet with the turbo. Good luck post some pics of the swap when you get it going.

niferous

Ok question for you guys that swaped a gasser into your CUCV. Will a 350 mount into the trucks without swapping the motor mounts? I called Advanced Adapters and they said that they "think" I just need the motor mounts for a GM 350 V-8.

AHY help is greaty appreciated. :-D

kipman

Old style land cruiser? if so a 350 bolt up is very easy, we did many back 20 years ago, pm me if you need a parts blazer.

jimm1009

I was told that the D series (CUCV) used the 350 motor mounts for some reason only known by Uncle Sam.
I went to purchase genuine GM motor mounts one day by application and they would not work.
When I found the p/n that was used in the military TM they told me that that number was for a gas 350 but it fit my M1009 perfectly.
Perhaps they are cheaper for some reason but the mis-fit was in the frame horns where the rubber mount attaches to the frame and not on the engine side.
Only the Shadow knows!

jimm1009 :roll:

blzrgb

There's a guy i know in north Alabama(muscle shoals) that has several 1008's that he's parting out. Holla if you want his cell number.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks