• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Water leak

L.Gaston

Hello all. My 85 M1009 has a pretty big water leak coming from behind the dash on the passengers side. Any ideas on where to start looking to find the source of the leak? I came out this morning and there was an inch of water pooled in the corner of it. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

ida34

If you are talking about straight water I would check your windshield seal by running a hose in that area and looking for the leak. If it is the windshield you will need to pull it out and reseal or you could hack it by trying to slobber caulk in the area of the suspected leak. I would do it right with reinstalling the windshield but this is a very delicate job that I would leave to someone else. Getting the windshield out in one piece is not as easy as it sounds.

If it is coolant I second Westech. Time for a heater core. Do you smell a sweet smell in the truck and does the windshield fog up when you turn on the heater? These are clear signs of a leaking heater core.

ida34

Oops. You replied to fast. Windshield is leaking unless you have some bad rust holes somewhere. BTW the heater will work just fine even when leaking. At least until you run out of coolant.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks