• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

KY Recovery pickup QUESTION

bc35339

I will be getting my Deuce soon from frankfort , its about 65 miles from home.
I think the fuel pump in the tank is bad becouse It wont start unless you use starter fluid but when it starts it seems to run fine (I havent drove it but it idles fine and moves forward and backwards fine) I let it run for about a hour. After the air pumps up and you shut it down and turn the accessorie switch back on you can not hear the fuel pump at all. But it will start back up so I figure the fuel lines are primed. But I THINK that after it sits awhile it will need starter fluid to start it up.
THE QUESTION IS.
Do you think the tank fuel pump is the problem?
If so can I drive it home (65 miles) without the tank fuel pump working after started with starter fluid?

I know very little about these trucks and only asume the tank pump isnt working due to it not starting at first with out starter fluid and not being able to hear the pump with the accessorie switch on and air tanks full without the truck running . Should i be hearing the pump??
Bryan

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can hear the pump running if there is not alot of noise around. Under the cover on the pump there is a fuse. I'd check that first. They seem to run fine without the pump working after they are started. Could be other things that make the truck hard to start but I'd check the pump first.

DieselBob

Mine ran fine without the intank pump running. Started just like normal also. Didn't even know it wasn't working until I went to bleed the fuel filters and nothing.

greenjeepster

You can only hear the fuel pump if you are standing by the tank. A bad pump should not impact starting. I would guess dirty fuel filters or a check valve is stuck open.

WTFandoffrd

Sounds like a fuel pump muffler bearing of some sort, I would take it over to to Bruce at WTF and off road and see what he can do with it. He seems to be some kind of guru when it comes to this kind of stuff.

greenjeepster

More info on the check valve please.
What and where is this?
Thanks
There is one at the bottom of the fuel pump, it is called a foot valve and it keeps the fuel from draining back into the tank. That is probably the most likely one as dirt can get sucked into it and hold it open. If your fuel pump is bad replacing it will fix this valve or you can try and flush it out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks