• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I need help bad.

hovenga67

My cucv that I recently got is kicking my ass. I started my shackle flip to find my left leaf spring is broke in half. Then I was redoing the mess that the miltitary mechanics left me and figured out my left rear hub is junk. For some reason they had the rear apart before I got it. They out new seals and stuff but for some reason didn't put any of the stuff the retain the left hub back in and they left the outer bearing out. So it rubbed on the spindle and messed up where the clip that holds the outer race in. So now I need a new hub and a leaf spring. The only place I can find the hub is gm and it 164, the damn leaf sring is over 200. Also I got to looking at my wiring a little closer and I don't know if I should change the whole wiring harness. I am missing the engine harness and the guage cluster. Also for some reason they tore both the alternators apart. The only good is the starter works good and I hot wired it and got it to run. So does anyone know where I could get the cucv style wiring for under the hood? Also where is a cheaper place to get a hub? I am running low on cash and really need to get this going. I sold my duramax so now I am truckless.
Sorry about the rant:evil:
thanks
Brent

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A spring shop should be able to help you with the leaf spring and a parts house should be able to get you a new hub.

Remember a K-30 when you go for the hub if it is for a M1008.
Remember a K-20 Blazer when you go for the hub for a M1009.

Make sure you tell the spring shop what you have, a 1 1/4 ton CUCV for a M1008 or 3/4Ton Blazer for a M1009, they should be able to suss it out for you.

To tell you the tructh, those prices dont sound too bad.

Might want to get with Clinto, as he is the guru on CUCVs. I think I remember him saying that a NOS wiring harness could be had in the classifieds.

Take your alts to an alternator shop and let them do their majic. I know some on there do their own, but if they are torn apart I would send them out.

Good Luck!

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A spring shop should be able to help you with the leaf spring and a parts house should be able to get you a new hub.

Remember a K-30 when you go for the hub if it is for a M1008.
Remember a K-20 Blazer when you go for the hub for a M1009.

Make sure you tell the spring shop what you have, a 1 1/4 ton CUCV for a M1008 or 3/4Ton Blazer for a M1009, they should be able to suss it out for you.

To tell you the tructh, those prices dont sound too bad.

Might want to get with Clinto, as he is the guru on CUCVs. I think I remember him saying that a NOS wiring harness could be had in the classifieds.

Take your alts to an alternator shop and let them do their majic. I know some on there do their own, but if they are torn apart I would send them out.

Good Luck!

GM never built a K20 Blazer.

No 3/4 ton blazer either.

The original post mentions working on the left rear and a spindle. The M1009 doesn't have a rear spindle as it is a C-clip axle setup.
Just tell the spring guys what the vehicle's GVW is. If they are any good at their job that will be all they need to know.

I bought a new hub/drum for my M1008 from Sam Winers for $80.00 last spring.

stampy

If I needed as much as you I might look into a junk truck from GL but it is still a crapshoot unless you check it out closely, but sometimes they go for 200-500$

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are there any salvage yards in your area? If not then I'd go the spring shop route and, they may be able to help you with the hub as well. Good luck!

HAWKMAN

If you get stumped on a hub, I can do a complete hub&spindle shipped to your door for $75.00 PM me if interested.........Thanks:-D

Crash_AF

The Blazer is a standard K5 Blazer, not a K20 or a 3/4 Suburban. The Military uses the weight ratings literally and calls it 3/4 ton because it can carry 1500 lbs of cargo. A K20 or 3/4 ton Sub will have 8 lug wheels which the 1009 does not have.

At most, the Blazer would have the towing package rear springs, but still the 10 bolt 6 lug rear.

Later,
Joe

hovenga67

Sorry I forgot to say it is a m1008. I think I found a whole rear end and springs out of a 88 crew cab 2 wheel drive for 300. I was just going to use it for parts so I don' t care what the gear ratio is. This should work right. I still don't what to do about the wiring. I have a parts civ truck that I can get the wiring and alternator off of, but it is missing a few things too. The starter is gone and the glow plug solenoid. Might be a few other things also. For the 24 system I have the starter and the alternators in pieces. Is there anywhere I can get the alternators from besides ebay. They want 200 each, thats a little steep. I thought I read on here there is one off another vehicle that will work, but will it work with the 24v setup. Do I need a cucv guage cluster to make the alternators charge right.
Thanks for all the help
Brent

4bogginchevys

the cheap altenator for drivers side is a large case unit out of a 86 chevy van/100 amp...you just dont hookup the Isolated ground drivers side, attach wire to any ground near-by for good measure:!:

HAWKMAN

Sorry I forgot to say it is a m1008. I think I found a whole rear end and springs out of a 88 crew cab 2 wheel drive for 300. I was just going to use it for parts so I don' t care what the gear ratio is. This should work right. I still don't what to do about the wiring. I have a parts civ truck that I can get the wiring and alternator off of, but it is missing a few things too. The starter is gone and the glow plug solenoid. Might be a few other things also. For the 24 system I have the starter and the alternators in pieces. Is there anywhere I can get the alternators from besides ebay. They want 200 each, thats a little steep. I thought I read on here there is one off another vehicle that will work, but will it work with the 24v setup. Do I need a cucv guage cluster to make the alternators charge right.
Thanks for all the help
Brent
If you can't get one cheaper/closer to home I can do an alt for $100.00 shipped to your door....just something to keep in mind, Thanks:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks