• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1031 Govener Control boxes!!! please look!!!!!!

b4thundr

Who here knows about the control boxes for the governor one these trucks I need to know what they do, The speed switch does it have a upper limit? if so what is the cut out rpm? i gotta figure this stuff out cause i'm working on a new type of box for these trucks so any info would be great!!!

m38inmaine

I have all the info but not handy right now. There are three boxes, not sure why they needed three but one senses the speed of the pto shaft which tells the engine control where to position the throttle, one protects from overspeed, one is a ramp generator which senses the load and one keeps the frequency/rpm in check. Don't recall which does what right off hand without looking at the manual. Mine works fine so I havn't messed with any of it. I believe there is a company in MD or MA that sells a control that will do all with one box but I don't recall the name. I'll dig out my material and let you know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks