• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spring rally at rausch creek anyone?

No.2Diesel

Hi,

Thank you for the interest ironwolf85!

I think this is a great idea and don't think it will take away from the fall event. There are so many people that live within a reasonable driving distance in PA, NY, NJ, CT, MD, DE, to the park that DON'T ATTEND!! This is a great oppurtunity for those who haven't made it yet to get involved.

Just be aware that having it in the Spring will likely have some rain/snow involved. I'm thinking April....What do you guys think?? There's not much going on that early in the car/truck/tractor/MV show calendar....except for Sussex MTA show in NJ on the 17-18th I think. I would hate to have two roadtrips that close or competing. If it pushed back then it competes with Aberdeen...

If your feeling really adventurous why not make it in February on a President's day or Lincoln's B'day weekend. :-D How does wheeling in the snow sound!?

We should come up with an exact date fairly quickly as suff gets busy...Let me know what you guys think.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Me too - I need to make RC a several-times-a-year trip, it's definitely a great offroading place.

Last edited by a moderator:

ironwolf85

We should def do it on a weekend. sat and a Sunday would prolly b the best for most people. That would b enough time to get us through till next year. We should also plan ahead which trails we wana go on that way we can eliminate the boaring ones and not do the same trail twice. If we would have another rally in Feb and if it would snow on that weekend, yes it would b sweet wheelin in that sh*t but the chances of it snowin on the weekend we planned prolly wouldn't happen. Also if you are going to stay for both days you are prolly gonna camp there and last week I was cold. It would suck sleeping outside in the middle of feb in 20deg. Weather. I would rather b slinging some mud with the top off in 75deg. weather but that is just me! Whenever you guys decide to go 10 to 100deg I'll b ther 1 way or the other!

ironwolf85

I think April could b good but it does rain alot which could b a good thing. May would work too. Good news! The 818 is back! The fuel line was loose n was sucking air so I'll prolly bring both the trucks if we have another rally!

Jakelc15

Another rally would be graet in the spring or summer. Warmer sleeping is always nice. may is not a good time though. Competing with Aberdeen will keep alot of people from going. I for one need a couple weeks between rallies to get some $$ together. Alot of us can't take off work so close together also.

PawnShopEd

hey guys I went to the fall rally on sunday for those of you that were there I was in the Green deuce with the yellow smiley on the front. I'm game for a few times a year , I know Jason (need hot rod, Tan duece that came up with me to the fall rally) and I are talking about going up once every two months or so. We're only a hundred miles away and we also go to the other side with the quads riding. So if anyone wants to go up between now and then let me know.

powerhouseduece

Well sice nobody has a date in mind, how does the first weekend of April (3rd and 4th) or the first weekend of May (1st & 2ed) ??

Cold and rainy don't bother me, the last 2 campouts I went to, thats all it was!

Jakelc15

April would be better for me. My sons 2nd birthday is May 2 and I won't miss that to go to RC.
Plus that gives all of us lots of time to get ready for Aberdeen in late may.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks