• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New 1028

dunedigger

I bought this truck for the frame and axles. When it finally showed up I considered putting it back together. They took a lot of good parts off it and threw the junk in the back. Front fender, inner fender, battey trays and batts, injector, two fuel lines were robbed. They cut the hoses out of the way to get to the injector. The radiator had a huge hole in it from backing into a small tree up though the engine bay. Lots of fork truck damage to the side. They hooked the front and trashed the tie rod with the fork truck and the driveshaft was more trashed than I think they usually are. So, I continued with plans to use the frame and axles. I'll be better off waiting for a more complete truck to have what I want. They also took the seat and misc interior parts, most of the glass was smashed out. Found a lot of rocks in the cab that were thrown through the back window.

Attachments

dunedigger

The box is original, there are a lot of 1028's with the fleetside bed. I believe the main difference is the true trac limited slip in the front axle and the heavy duty rear spring package with overloads.

dunedigger

I wish I were building it back to the 1028 but this is a truck I bought to part out. It just had too much missing to make it worth my while to rebuild it. I'm using the frame and axles for my toy truck I use at the sand dunes. Going to powdercoat the frame silver like my current one and swap over the rest of my truck on this frame. Here's the truck it's going on.

Attachments

dunedigger

Nope, I'm salvaging everything on it. Not sure what I'm selling or keeping yet. My blazer is starting to get pretty rusty. I might use my new cab to build a custom truck on my blazer setup. Not sure yet.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks