• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Great m1009 out of Barstow

M1009 Fiend

Well the EUC finally went through, so last Wednesday my dad and i when to make the pick up. We took a F-350 with a nice heavy flat bed trailer. It took a pull with a forklift to get the 1009 to the trailer then a push and a lift on the back bumper to get the truck onto the trailer.

We had no problems chaining the 1009 down and it was a smooth enough drive north to home. We had to unload in the dark and we had our first problem, one of the ramps on for the back of the trailer disappeared. Well a rail road tie and some stepping stones we had a solid replacement ramp.

I was able to put some time into getting the M1009 running today, and after putting in new battery's in we finally have the power to the lights. I was messing around with the lights and seeing if the starter would crank over, my dad was using the hose to top off the coolant and the radiator. He then started to spray my truck down when he saw "RUNS" in a light chalk that we couldnt see when it wasnt wet. He told me to crank it again, 5 secs after wait light when off truck cranked over and started.:grin::grin:

Well now i have to decide what to do.... Any suggestions on what to do...

Attachments

M1009 Fiend

Thanks I do have some questions.

1. Gen 2 light doesn't come on at all does that mean the light it self is bad or i have more serious problems.
2. The wonderful rust spot that develops on the middle/bottom of the tail gate, any one know a thread with solution to replacing or filling the spot.
3. Steering wheel is off, maybe 30 degrees to the left, an ideas on how to fix this.

Probably have some more problems but i will see when i can continue to go through the truck tomorrow.:roll:

Thanks

niferous

I'll ask like I would ask one of my delivery drivers at work...

What do you mean you lost a ramp? As in you left it at the site or it fell off while driving down the road and I'm going to be getting a phone call from someone who ran it over?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks I do have some questions.

1. Gen 2 light doesn't come on at all does that mean the light it self is bad or i have more serious problems.
2. The wonderful rust spot that develops on the middle/bottom of the tail gate, any one know a thread with solution to replacing or filling the spot.
3. Steering wheel is off, maybe 30 degrees to the left, an ideas on how to fix this.

Probably have some more problems but i will see when i can continue to go through the truck tomorrow.:roll:

Thanks
1) If Gen2 light doesn't come on before start up, with the key in the run position, it's probably a bad bulb.

2) Standard body work here. There is a support behind the skin that tends to trap moisture there. Cut and replace with steel or other methods.

3) After going through the front end to make sure nothing is bent or loose, this can be corrected with a simple drag link adjustment. That's the link that goes from the steering box to the arm on the drive axle.

Congrats on getting a runner. They are darn good daily drivers albeit a little hot inside. I've had a few parts trucks and a 1009 here that I drove for a few months. Liked it. Now I have this M1008 and its an absolute gas to drive! After driving nothing but deuces all the time, the M1008 is like a mini truck.

RDUKW

Congrats on the nice m1009. I was there picking up the m817 Thursday morning at the same time as you. Looked like you got a very clean truck. You were lucky you didn't have to wait the hour plus for them to fix the forklift.

Ryan

M1009 Fiend

niferous- Lost as in i put the ramp into the storage under the trailer and put the pin in, got home it was not there. And i hope i dont get a call or it caused any damaged to anyone or thing.

RDUKW-Ya saw you guys loading up sorry about the wait, but it only took the little forklift to get my 1009 on, after we found her, GL had mislabeled the tags.

Evey one else thank you, and i agree we should meet up. I live in the greater Sacramento area but i go to school in Vallejo.

Cucvfreek- I think we are friends on face book if your profile picture is the same on both.

Last edited:

M1009 Fiend

Right off of GL

Submission of EUC Pending 10/15/2009
EUC revisions requested from Customer 10/22/2009
EUC sent to Battle Creek 10/23/2009
Customer Notified 10/28/2009

Last edited:

WARWAG

NICE M1009!

WHOA! That was fast for Battle Creek! My wife bought a truck for me years ago. 4 Months later she was approved. One morning some moron from Battle Creek calls her (during the process) and asks how her birth certificat says Christina and her SS say Christy? He asks her that cant be. How did you get that Alias???????? My wife has no patience for idiots.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks