• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How do I change out GI fuel filter for spin on?

fal_shooter

I purchased a Racor 490 fuel filter with water-in-fuel option. I am not a mechanic. Does anyone have a step-by-step for removing the issue fuel filter system and replacing it with the racor 490 spin on?

What do I disconnect on the original system and what do I keep? It looks like one fuel line going in and one going out but what do I know.

I want the water-in-fuel light on the dash to work. How is that wired on the original fuel filter? The Racor has 3 wires and can be hooked up as 12 or 24 volt. The Racor WIF came with instruction so if I can identify the connections on the truck side it should be easy to connect it.

I would appreciate any help you can offer on this. I am not close to being a mechanic but I can follow instuctions.

Thanks guys. I am new but I love this site. I got my M1008 less than a year ago and I drive it every day. I am already looking for a M1009 so I guess I am hooked.

Midnight Rider

I haven't done this myself, but if you search I'm sure you'll find what you are looking for. I do know that someone posted about changing theirs to the spin on type.

As for the wiring, download the TM's. They are listed under the Resources tab.

Good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks