• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Intermittent no start

Sgt Hulka

Howdy all. Newbie here with an intermittent no start issue on my M1009. It's been carefully converted to 12v per Robeson Equipment Center specs. New starter. Professional installation. All connections rock solid. Ran and started great till this morning when I got a lot of relay chatter under the dash (sounded almost like directly behind the speedo, but I could be wrong on that). But started and ran fine.

Went back to start it an hour later. Turned the key and nothing. NOTHING. Just regular dash lights coming on. Doubled checked all major connections. Solid. Great battery voltage.

Tried a gain a few times. On the fourth try it finally started as if nothing happened. Shut it down. Tried again and it fired right up again.

Could the relay chatter have anything to do with this? And can't I just eliminate the old 24v relay?

I have really appreciated my short time on this site; many thanks to all of you.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
To keep the 12/24(ac40) relay in the sytem, would be senceless, if it's converted to 12v only.

Sgt Hulka

Thanks! But given that it is still there (for the next few hours) could it be the source of that intermittent no-start? Could it be the source of chatter at and around starting?

best,

Sgt Hulka

Many thanks!!!! It would be a bummer to take that puppy out and not have addressed the root problem. I now have some confidence this will more than likely be the solution.

best,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks