• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alternator

l1a1man

Did a search here and got the Napa and Autozone numbers. Napa says they never heard of the part number and the DL7157 from Autozone was almost a perfect match, it only had three connection points and not 4. I was missing the screw looking post the black wires slip over and screw down on. I need an alt for the drivers side. How are people using these? This is for the M1009.

allrevup

You can get replasments at the auto parts store for $100-140 using the OEM #1105500, but you most tell then that it has an Isolated ground and for an ambulance or limo aplication to get the 100 amp model, otherwise it will most likely be a 70-75 amp unit either way it may not last with their inferior quality rebuilts and parts. Electrical issues are the CUCV Akilis heel(?), and they can have a domino effect if not address early and properly.
I just had both of mine rebuilt last month by an Old timer electric motor shop with primium parts $120 for; #1 ALT. bearrings, bushings, rotor, regulator, rectifier and diodes. #2 ALT. $90 as the rotor was up to specs. Some people in SS did it then self for less.
The man told me the winding in this is as good as it gets with the exception of a couple modern High Output premium and high-end foreign ones.

Attachments

Last edited:

ralbelt

ODIRON has them for $165.00 isolated ground, and it will be the correct one, I have read some horror stories on this site about installing the wrong alt and then having all kinds of electrical pblms.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks