• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trip from MI to NY for 3/18

CCATLETT1984

I am going to get the genset that i bought from mangus, and taking a set of axles there with me. One of his buddies wants em. I am curious if customs would give me a hassle over the 2 axles in the bed going to NY or the genset on the way back? going through Canada would cut around 3 hours off of the trip going each way, let alone the fuel savings. (I'm going in my m1008) anyone need any stuff picked up along the way to Milton, NY just PM me, we'll work out something. (cost of fuel mainly)

mangus580

Milton?

You shouldnt have any trouble with customs, as you will be going through on both sides. When you go into canada, you have the chance to 'declare' that you had the item already, so that when you come back in the US, you can show you brought it with you. You might have to stop at the US customs booth on your way into canada to do this...

mangus580

How nice? are you in need of a hood? or a good hood? I still have the hood from my rustbucket.... would have to see what kinda shape its in. you could HAVE it, if it means getting it out of my driveway rofl

Armada

Well if it's not rusted and dented and CCAT has room for it. Is it off of a cucv? It's hard to repaint something and make it look like faded 20 yr old paint.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is that Milton, NY the same Milton NY thats a bit south of New Paltz on 9W? I live in the next town down, Marlboro.. And are you heading back to Mike on the return trip?? I got a set of M116 bows he wants....

Interested in any M116A2 or M101A2 trailers to mount your genset in?

mangus580

Ack..... he left about 45 minutes ago :-(

looking at it though, you probably didnt really want it.... its been laying upside down in my driveway....

CCATLETT1984

boy was that a fun trip, left the house at about 6:45am and was going great with no problems until i got within maybe 20 miles of mike's house. got a flat tire ( was holding about 15 psi.) made it to the truck stop about 2 miles up the road, got the tire off and couldn't find a puncture mark anywhere, aired it back up and found out that the valve stem way the culprit. someone had put a regular valve stem in one of the tires (load range D @65psi). It finally blew with all that weight on it from the axles, but it was a ticking time bomb anyways. Tomarrow I am going to the tire shop and raising hell with the manager, i went in on last thurs. for a rotate and balance and they didn't tell me able the stem. luckily with mike's help we were able to break the bead on the tire and install the valve stem that my bro had in his pocket, he works for a tire shop). I didn't realise that i didn't have my spare in the truck cause i looked in the back and saw a tire, not thinking that it was the 6 lug rim for mike. got there at about 3:30pm and unloaded the axles without incident. went to back up the hill behind mike's house to get the genset loaded, and discovered that my 4x4 doesn't engage anymore (damn shift forks.) got up the hill anyways and it took all five of us to get the genset into the truck. left for the return trip at about 7pm, it was uneventful except for a minor detour where my bro got on the freeway going east instead of west, only went about 20min. in the wrong direction. (serves me right for trying to sleep a little). arrived home at about 4am. the truck drove great, did 62 mph (100kph) the whole way there and back.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks