• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The Gun Truck Story

vtdeucedriver

Hey bill, you getting yourself ready for Aug 2010??????

For the rest of you, there are some SS members on here that were apart of the history that you are reading!!

Next time you climb up in the cab of your truck before you go sink it into some mud hole. It was a truck for you to play with today.............but yesterday it was depended on with someone life!!

Srjeeper

Jeff, this is the write-up I had asked you about months ago that I couldn't find and have been searching for ever since.

The 2010 Gathering can't come around fast enough for me.

Any one that doesn't already know, replicas's of some of these very same trucks will be in Carlisle, Pa. at the Gathering VIII on Aug. 5th-8th, 2010. Some of the men that sereved on these trucks will also be in attendance.

Search the Upcoming events forum for additional info or contact our very own Driver523 for answers to any questions you may have.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Well...the Columbus Crew (Proud American) is certainly saving our pennies for the trip. Man...that will be a "Hard Ride" for us but we are determined to make it God willing.
Don't know who all can come but we are working on some fellers:-D
One of them was actually there...you know him well Jeff.

Anyway...we shall see....it will be a successful rally whether we get to come or not as there are more GT's up that way.
I think Ron (Black Widow) plans to come.

Heck...like I said...we're gonna make every effort:-D

Attachments

jatonka

I have already asked for time off from my new job or The Gathering. Aces & Eights will be there, guns up, radios running, beer in the mermites. I wish all of the trucks could come, I haven't met most of the crews yet. Really looking forward to this, Big Time. John T

Driver523

John---Looks like this could be the biggest turnout ever for gun trucks----can't wait to meet you and see that truck of yours---Things could change but I have been in contact with about everyone and they say they will be there--now its a ways away but looks like Ace, Widow, Wild Thing, Angel, Untouchable, Malfunction, Uncle Meat, Psychotic Reaction, Proud and who knows what else PB will bring if he can get away (personaly I don't think he could stay away if he wanted too---------Larry Fiandt ( Driver )

vtdeucedriver

John---Looks like this could be the biggest turnout ever for gun trucks----can't wait to meet you and see that truck of yours---Things could change but I have been in contact with about everyone and they say they will be there--now its a ways away but looks like Ace, Widow, Wild Thing, Angel, Untouchable, Malfunction, Uncle Meat, Psychotic Reaction, Proud and who knows what else PB will bring if he can get away (personaly I don't think he could stay away if he wanted too---------Larry Fiandt ( Driver )
Hey dont forget the vehicles that those trucks protected!!

You got a M52A2 and a M151 to add to that list from the north. There is a M35A2 that were picking up (srjeeper) along the way. I am also trying to convince a newly painted M543 with a YELLOW NOSE from VA to make the trip!!! To think, we got all winter to plan!!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
JT...I REALLY wanna see that Aces & Eights truck....well and the rest again.

Larry (Driver)...I've decided we will attend...unless the GT's are needed on the borders of Georgia for a real world mission!!!!!!!! (Oh wait...the guns are rubber!!!)
Hmmm...wonder what you mean by "what else we will bring"....let's start looking at the inventory...lol.

For the last two years I've heard "this may be the last year" for some of the folks....but they always make it back through the grace of God...just like they did the first time.

Is that a dedicated bunch of folks or what? That's why CAMO does what we do.

Attachments

rorybellows

oh, well theres a pic in the reading on a truck with two gatling guns on it and i was commenting that it would have been nice to have one when i was doing concoy security while i was in the "sand box". then, i says that doing convoy security over there was easy cause i didnt really have to do anything, except for said job of convoy security

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks