• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 TON injection pump

CaptainRPM

been havin problems with my m813 with the cummins non turbo it seems to be running out of fuel and bogs but before it shuts off it picks back up and the idle is jumpin from 800 to 500 up and down and it is hard startin well harder than it use to be anyway was thinkin injector pump is goin so i was gonna get it rebuilt any info on takin it off would be helpful i deff seems to be a fuel problem is there anyway to cheeck the injector pump goin nuts here dont want to break down on the road big bucks to tow it being its so big any help would be great

thanx gene

CaptainRPM

my bud said its gonna be 450 to get it rebuilt i live kinda by dave newman (eastern surpluss) he wants 650 for take outs i like dave but think id rather have a rebuild :) anything i need to no about removin it?

Rattlehead, sorry i did'nt post it sooner. i wanted it to sit for a few days without running to be sure before posting. did this last fri but then drove it sat and sun. where the fuel line goes from steel to rubber off the engine, was exactly what you suggested. line was leaking but only in ! just like you said, i put vacume to it and Bingo!!! also had a small leak at the emergency shut off valve on the top of the IP. that leak was on the top of the valve where line connects. after tightning that one it seems to have a little more snort on the hills ! that does'nt make a lot of sense as there was not visable leak untill i started putting air pressure to it, but there is a noticable difference. thank's for the advice you were right on the money.

CaptainRPM

is there a screen that can be cleaned on the injector pump and is there a fuel pump on this truck when i had a deuce i heard the fuel pump on this one it looks like a fuel pump in the tank but there is no wires goin to it but there is a steel line help!!

thanx

Pipefighter

Heres a thought, It has the cold start primer pump,are these known to leak air around the piston packing or seals? Ive had trouble with these on construction equipment but am not familiar with the military ones.

What do you need to do the vacum test on the lines?

CaptainRPM

well im happy to say its fixed it was the fuel line it had a pinhole in it where it screws into the pickup found it by puttin air in the fuel tank and it driped so i replaced it and wham it works :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks