• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What to use as a keyword on GL search...

moleary

Ok - so I've spent some time on GL looking for stuff (boy that site could be better constructed!) - and one big question I've ended up with is: What do I use for a search string?

For example: I have found HMMWV parts listed as; hmmwv, hummer, humvee, hummvee, m998, m1025, m1026, etc. etc. etc.

If I am looking for a deuce what should I search by? M35a2 is obvious, but what about some other options? Since GL doesn't support partial search matches (ie a search for M35 resulting in a list including M35a2) what should I be using?

Am I making any sense?

Scarecrow1

I click on the two and a half ton trucks in the search section . It will bring up all the every Deuce old and new and almost everything in that classification A2 A3 and the 109s......

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use the advanced search and search by FSCs. Guess you need to know FSCs before this can help.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oops, my bad, I thought he said "CL" as in Craigslist.

You can use "truck" I guess, but you'll get all sorts of stuff. Same for "cargo".

Looks like you'll have to use a combination of the following:

M35A2, M35A1, M35A3, M35A2C, M109A3, Kaiser, AM General, etc.

moleary

Use the word "military". Comes up with the vast majority of them.
Great advice - I was looking for the "Sarcastic Thanks" button so I could give you props, but it doesn't seem to be there.

Oh great - I thought you were messing with me and then you posted when I responded - now I feel like an ass... I could delete this, but that just seems wrong...

so now, Thanks for real.

Last edited:

moleary

Ok - so based on y'all's (plural possessive of you - southern style) feedback I've come to realize that my inability to locate lots was user error. I get it now. Thank you.

Michael

I go to locations and pick the base closest to me and work my way out as time permits. This keeps me from lusting over stuff that is too far away to be practical to go get.

Isaac-1

I go to locations and pick the base closest to me and work my way out as time permits. This keeps me from lusting over stuff that is too far away to be practical to go get.

I agree, the best deals seem to be on the items that are the most poorly listed, One other thing check back often as I have seen items listed as little as 3 days before the auction opens selling along side things that have been listed for a month or more.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok - so based on y'all's (plural possessive of you - southern style) feedback I've come to realize that my inability to locate lots was user error. I get it now. Thank you.
Y'all is singular! All y'all is plural!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks