• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Flippin trannies

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone know if you can swap 4th and 5th around in the 6352 like the 3053a in the duece is? It would make 4th direct and 5th overdrive. I know there would be a large gap between 3rd and 4th. One would probally have to run up to redline in 3rd and almost lug the engine going into 4th.

spicergear

I don't quite follow you on this- Are you implying that the 3053 is pretty much the 3052 direct drive tranny with only the 4th and 5th swapped to make the overdrive?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
in the od trans, the hole between 3 and 4 is a grand cayon, i dont beleave eather direct drive trans gears can be fliped, thy look different in the book from the od

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ken, I'm sure there is a way but it's not as easy as just swapping around 4th and 5th, if I did follow you? To convert to 5th overdrive you will need 4 new gears, probably custom built. See the part# in red circles for the 3053A deuce tranny. All other parts are common to both trannies!

Gerhard

Attachments

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unfortunately you can't do it. The OD in the '53 is achieved by turning the countershaft faster, hence the input shafts are different. the gear in it is part of it so you can't change it out.

What I HAVE done is make an ersatz OD box out of a '52 by taking the 4th gear set off the main and countershafts and trading places. The split is worse, but it does work.

It is much simpler to just get a '53 box and use it.

dg

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After pulling the top off i didn't think it would work. I didn't know if the cummings tranny would work on the back of the multifuel. Most of the time the truck will be bobtailing so i wanted to be able to cruse at a lower RPM. If the later tranny will work i'll go that route. Thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks