• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M38A1 /M38 ? Passenger Seat frame f/S or trade

modified

Listed in the "PARTS" Classified Section with Detail Pics
M38A1 (maybe M38 ?) Passenger Seat frame for sale.
no rot and superficial rust in some areas
was taken off an M170
the mounting pins are there.
sorry no pans or springs
$ 75.00 + shipping
pm me your shipping zip..

Trade for or towards:
M170 specific parts
slave cable (ideally 25+)
Low Voltage Test Set
Dual Voltage Niehoff Alternator
Orig Spark Plug wires
Arctic Heater
2nd echelon tools
I need orig body bolts too
let me know what you have to trade!!!!
thanks and Happy Holidays!!!!

Attachments

rdsar2k

Parts

Just thought I'd share my rescources for parts for the M170

Upper stretcher racks - good luck, not to be found anywhere. I found one and had to give up my first born.

Reel light- they are at Midwestmil and some are listed at the G503.com under the m38a1. Expensive.

NOS canvas top and sides - Mullinsjeepparts.com has/had some

Emergency brake cable- Mullinsjeepparts.com has some

Long exhaust pipe NOS- Mullins has them, very nice galvanized original not painted like I've seen on ebay.

Sway bar bushings- I measured mine and bought upgraded version from energy suspensions. The part numbers are as follows:
(1 set) 9.8106G End Link Bushings
(2 Pair) 9.5106G Frame Bushings
(2 Pair) 9.8107G Shock Eye Bushings
These will do both bars

Fuel tank sender (it is unique to the M170)- Midwest has them and it was a pleasant surprize!

Gas tank- I've only seen one come up for sale in two years of searching. I ended up restoring mine at Moyers Gas Tank Repair for a clone of my first born. Lifetime warrantee. FYI I paid more for my gas tank restoration than I paid for the whole Jeep!

Top Bows- I've heard that Ron Fitzpatric will make a set

Passenger door frame- there is one on ebay now with a buy it now option. It is the only one I have ever seen come up.

Medic seat bottom- never seen one come up for sale

Medic seat- rare only seen a couple in two years

The parts for the M170 are all rare. If you hesitate for a better deal you will end up regretting it. The unique parts are expensive if you can even find them. Trust me I know.

I have a rusty set of the two tool box doors that are in the fenderwells . Not too bad but there are pinholes.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks