• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

trailer loadout

N1265

I am thinking of getting a trailer threw GL,

will they let me tow it off base without any trouble ? or do I have to put it on another trailer to get it off base.

Thanks Nick

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I've seen 105's towed off base before........

Armada

I've gotten some from them. If it's road worthy, hook up and go. At SAFB they never check you at the base on the way out, just coming in. If they do, you have the paperwork for it, no problem.

mangus580

I had one GL guy tell me that he had a guy come in for 4 105's... stacked 2 inside the other 2, hooked them up tandem behind his dually, and away he went!!!!

rizzo

Armada said:
I've gotten some from them. If it's road worthy, hook up and go. At SAFB they never check you at the base on the way out, just coming in. If they do, you have the paperwork for it, no problem.

ditto

Low-Tech-Redneck

As long as you have some way to get your stuff off their lot without damaging anything else, and without needing thier assisstance, I don't think GL gives a damn how you remove it.

Is this for an M105? We just drove in with our deuce and left, 10 minutes tops.

Now, once you get off base, the cops may have an issue with you, so make sure the way you hook it up is going to be road worthy, safe, and in compliance with vehicle law, but as far as GL is concerned, as long as you take it, they dont' care. At least that's been my experience.

N1265

Thanks for the answers.... I just thought I might get hassled in some way by the people on the base.

I trailer I am looking at is a M101 for my M880.

Nick

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Before you are allowed on the base they make sure you have current registration, insurance and drivers license. They are very strict about that and wont let you on. Once on base its a matter of hooking up and leaving after getting your paper work from GL of course. I have never been stopped leaving the base, have towed 3 105 trailers, 4 dueces and driven 2 dueces off the property.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One more consideration, don't drive on base with your cell phone on your ear. They'll stop you for that!

NEIOWA

Djfreema said:
Before you are allowed on the base they make sure you have current registration, insurance and drivers license. They are very strict about that and wont let you on. Once on base its a matter of hooking up and leaving after getting your paper work from GL of course. I have never been stopped leaving the base, have towed 3 105 trailers, 4 dueces and driven 2 dueces off the property.
Depends on the base (what they do there) and DHS alert level. Visited Rock Island Arsenal Monday and only needed IB/drivers license this time.

FYI a bunch over VERY nice 3/4t trailers coming up in gov't liq mid Apr @ RI. Back from Iraq, went thru TI/repair at RI and issued to NG units who then turnin in as excess. I may have to get one just on general principles.
One of 3/4t tlr has a fiberglass hardtop (top is in fair condition) which like will bring a high price. I did not know DOD had such a top.

Low-Tech-Redneck

The DRMO at Letterkenny isn't even on post, so you don't have to show them anything, just make a right at the stoplight and drive onto the lot.

Low-Tech-Redneck

Well, it was all buisness and no smiles at Bragg, but then again, that's the home of the AB, not some backwater equipment dump in Appalachia :)

ida34

When I was at training at Bragg in the early 90's it was an open post. No gates at all. Just drive on post. I was stationed at Fort Campbell at the time and this was a closed post which meant we had to have go through one of the gates. Has Bragg changed that much lately? Some areas like the Special Forces were protected by gates.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks