• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alredneck, Gimpyrobb and woodywood are the best!!!

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Today, after about 3 1/2 months my command post tent made it home from Eglin AFB in Florida. What a relay race that was. It all started out in September when I won the tent. I contacted Captain (Alredneck) about the pick-up, I won the tent on a Tuesday, buy Thursday (2 days later) woodywood had the tent in his possession from Eglin, and made the relay to Captain.

From there it was supposed to make it's way to the GA rally in late October, but personal business prevented Captain from attending the rally, so the tent didn't make it's next step of the relay. From there Captain retained posession until he had to make a run up through NY to pick up a trailer for citizensoldier in MI, after the trailer was dropped off, he was going to swing down my way and drop off the tent before heading to Gimpyrobb and make another drop off. However his route would have made it an extra 5 to 6 hours coming to my place then back tracking half way across the state to go down to gimpy's place. So we decided to drop the tent at gimps and I would get it the next time gimpy and I hooked up. TODAY was that day!!!!!!! Gimp had to do a pick-up at GL Creekside, so I met him over there and we did the final relay of the tent so it could come home with it's new owner...ME :-D.

So after many, many miles of traveling around the entire east coast of the United States, and 3 1/2 months the Steel Soldiers Logistic Network comes through again!! I will not go into any specific costs here on the site since this was a private transaction, but let's just say that the shipping rate from FL to OH via half the country was very reasonable.

Here are some general pics of the tent from the auction....it's too snowy to bother setting it up right now, but I do have it out of the crate and I checked it out already :p. ME SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any tractor tire marks on it?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I like how GL had SO many tents, they set one up to get higher prices, and they all sold for opening bid! HAHA!

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
yeah....believe it or not, some goofy bidders actually bid up to at least $210 on a few of them, while about 10 or so didn't even get bids during that sale :doh:.

One of the ones I had a bid on get bumped up by another bid, so I just moved to one that had not had any bids yet.....makes no sense to me :cookoo:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks