• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2010 Florida Steel Soldiers Rally - February 19th-21st!

SixSpeed

Banned
Hey Guys,

First off I apologize for the relatively short notice, but you know what they say: Better late than never!

Its that time again, start planning for the 2010 Florida Steel Soldiers Rally! I promise you will NOT want to miss this event. It has been hugely successful in the past years, and grows bigger & better every year! It will once again be held in Clermont, Florida. Just west of Orlando.

Information

Important: Tickets for this event will be advanced sale ONLY. Tickets will be limited to 100 people! If you do not have a ticket at the gate you WILL be turned away! Please see "Cost" for details.

Invited: PRE-REGISTRATION/ADVANCED SALE ONLY! (Please see "Cost" for details.) The event will be hosted for Steel Soldiers members with an extended invitation to the MVPA, Unimog, Pinzgauer and RR groups. Please feel free to invite, extend and re-post this invitation to your friends, families and web boards. MV enthusiasts of all type are welcome but this event is a private function and is NOT open to the "general public"!

Date: Friday, Saturday & Sunday - February 19th, 20th and 21st

Location: A few hundred acres of private property: Google Map Link HERE

Cost: The cost is $75 Per Person - Children 12 and under free. No exceptions. Tickets for this event will be advanced sale ONLY. Tickets will be limited to 100 people! If you do not have a ticket at the gate you WILL be turned away! This will cover food, bathrooms, and campsite for the 3 1/2 days of the rally. Spend your time playing, not cooking!

GET YOUR TICKETS HERE: http://www.odiron.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=681

Food:
Food will be PROVIDED. Exact details to be released.

Event Details: WORK IN PROGRESS

• Hang Out & Have Fun!
  • The property is several hundred acres of natural Florida land, plenty of places to play with your truck!
  • Fun
  • The location is on the East edge of the Richloam Wildlife Management area. A personal favorite wheelin' spot for many, myself included. I will personally be taking day trips out there I would imagine. The brave may follow. MAP
  • Fun
  • Shooting range?
  • Fun
  • More Fun

Rules: The rules are simple and straightforward.

• All firearms are to be kept SECURE in your vehicles except for during use in the RANGE AREA. NFA's bring your stamps!
  • Be respectful of fellow MV'ers, pets, children and native wildlife (especially young trees).
  • Mind designated "no drive" areas.
  • This event is NOT a mud bog. Bring what you like but if you are not a SS member OR don't have a MV in your group you WILL be turned away
  • PLEASE remember to bring your common sense.
  • Have fun, enjoy yourself and be safe!
Vendor Information: All vendors are welcome to come and set up for free. List of participating vendors:

• TBD
Camping Information:

Questions: Post Up here or E-Mail: TBD

FAQ:

Q: Do I need to bring my own water?

A: Yes you do, were hoping someone comes up with a water buffalo but the current standing is, if you need ANYTHING at all you better bring it!

Q: What is the weather like in the area during February?

A: It is hard to predict sometimes. The average temperatures for the weekend of the event are 74*F High, and 50*F low. Record High 88*F, Record Low 30*F. Just depends really, the last few years have brought very pleasant weather.

Q: What about bugs?

A: Totally depends on the weather... During the summer Vietnam jungles are a better place to be, if we have good lows (below 60) life is grand, if we don't, bring a machine gun, you will need it. USUALLY it's not an issue in Feb but I prefer my repellents to have a Deet level of over 95% just in case.

Q: Can I bring my ATV, Cart, etc?

A: Yes

Q: Can I post this on other MV boards, invite my buddies, Non SS members etc?

A: Yes by all means feel free to post a link on another site or invite other MV'ers to the event.

Q: How remote is the area?

A: God's country... I over heard someone describe the drive out to the property as... You go from paved road, to a dirt road, to an un-maintained dirt road, to a grassed over path, to no path at all, to a cow pasture and then into the scrub... Pretty good description! It gets so bad I feel the need to paint directional arrows on the ground with turf paint and put up a lot of signs and arrows to keep everyone pointed in the right direction. UPDATE: Due to the purchase of a grader the road situation is VASTLY improved!!!

Q: Can or will my RV / civilian auto make it out to the event?

A: Yes... The roads out are rough but you can drive down them, guys with long trailers seem to have the worse time due to negating turns and getting through the gates. Otherwise your average car is fine, it's just bumpy getting there.

Q: Is power available?

A: Ha.. ha... ha *snort, cough, choke*... yeah sure the Lead Acid and horse power types!! A generator will likely be available.

Q: Can I bring / run a gen set?

A: Yes, but pending the volume of the set we may ask you to shut it off after 10pm and or set aside a area for guys with RV's and gen sets to set up away from the tents and the likes... I HATE rules and overly organizing things so we will toss this into the "common sense" category.

Q: Is there a hotel near?

A: Yes and no... Their about 30 miles away towards Kissimmee, FL, its reasonable... and the same goes for Wal-Mart, Lowes, AutoZone, etc...

Q: Do phones work there?

A: it depends on your carrier... Sprint seems to work ok; Verizon works from a tree top at night (ask me how I know). Its hit and miss otherwise.

Q: What are the camp sites like?

A: We designate nothing, you can be as close to everyone or as far from everyone as you like and there is enough room for several hundred (no joke). To each their own, do it your own way, Hammock, tree, truck, cot, tent, RV, travel trailer, ground, were not at all picky. Kick the sticks out of the way, mind the cow pies and set up at your leisure.

Q: Are emergency services available?

A: No... We have EMT's, LEO's, and medical professionals amongst us but the event it's self and the people coming do not offer or lay claim to providing any type of professional services to anyone. You come at your own risk!

Q: What is the terrain like?

A: Camping is Florida scrub and pine; I generally clear out and mow of a pretty big area for camp sites amongst the pines. The property offers some pretty good off-roading in the mud and we try and clear out trails and the likes for puttin' around with out breaking your vehicles. If your intent on burring your truck in muck it will happen. If your there to get a little drive time and not destroy your vehicle that will happen to. Most of the area is cattle land surrounded by pine, scrub and wetlands so there is diversity to the area. Mostly it's quiet and peaceful native Florida land at its best.

History:

2009 Thread HERE
Multimedia Thread HERE

2008 Thread
HERE
2008 Multimedia Thread HERE

2007 Thread
HERE
2007 Multimedia Thread HERE

Spread The Word: In the past we have had people come from all over. Here are a few places I can think of to draw some more interest. A link will be added when a post or whatever is made there.

That should about do it for now, like I mentioned before we are still working on the final details so please be patient, as soon as we know, you will know. Just start planning for one FUN weekend! You know what they say...be there or be square!

Last edited:

vinny-socom1

I'll be there??? if anyone needs to come down earlier you are welcome to stay at my place as I'm only an hour away. I plan on taking the entire week off so I'm game for anything!!

Vinny

Pinz25086

I will be there for the whole thing; set up, rally, and then tear down! Let me know if you need me to do anything before. Mike was talking about needing a wood run before then. After last year I would say more wood is better! Are we going to have to pick up the grill again this year?

dc3coyote

We need to set some time one night and make sure everything is planned and ready to go.
Keep an eye on the rally site. I am free for Sat night to start planning.

I sent CliffW a email last night asking wether or not he would be attending and able to cook. I will need to get the money from Mike if he wants someone to buy the food.

The wood last year was bought from a guy down the road who had a pile, hopefully I can get some volunteers and a Duece to go collect the wood.

As far as bringing a chain saw that would be a good idea, probably give us a chance to clean up some of the camp sites.

Sadly I am truckless, at the moment, so all trips I make will be in the Delta 88.

Branan
727 967 8142

Last edited:

Big CASE

Hey yall , I am going to try to come out this year,
If it will help I have mine GI tent , it is the one I use at the GA Rally ..
I also have a gen it is Diesel 7500w .
this Rally sounds like fun , if i can help just pm me

poppop

Case, plan on being there, it is a great Rally. I drove my truck down 2 years ago and the Wife and I had a blast. I don't know if I can make it this year or not, maybe I can drive the pick-up down and visit. Don't tell Wrecker and Mike I said this, but if Cliffw shows up to cook you will eat well. That fillet- mignon with all the trimmings was out of this world two years ago.:-D

poppop

Dollars should be no big deal as you are close. What you paid in camping fees at Ga. will feed you well if Cliff comes to cook. This place is in the back side of nowhere and you will see no one but Steel Soldiers the whole time. The only difference between the bogs there and Ga is there are no hills, But I guarentee you will get just as stuck.:-D

phil2968

I will be there as well and can help with setup the weekend before if needed. I have a 6x10 trailer that can be used to haul if needed. I'll bring my lanterns with fresh mantles. I have a table or two as well.

863.899.7177 Phil

Green_gator

Outstanding, I just scheduled the week of the rally for vacation so I can come in early and help. I can bring one of my 105s to load up with wood and a command post tent. Now for all of the things to do for getting ready.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks