• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WMO/WVO in a NHC 250??

Westech

CPL
When I was training a couple years ago I asked the guy why the 915A3 were smoking so bad. He said they use 25% Filtered WMO with JP8. it cut fuel cost a bit and lubed the pump and injectors.

alleganypellets

Hoped I might get a clearer response to this old thread, I have a stationary NHC-250 that I want to set up a dula tank system on, I can heat the WVO to any temp needed and strain it or let Gravity work it's wonders, has anyone had experience with these? Sure would be good for the republic.

Paul

"If the American People ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and the corporations that grow up around them willdeprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the contenent their fathers conquered- Thomas Jefferson

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
You can run it mixed if the temp will not get low enough to cause the WVO to thicken......if so you can make a heat exchanger using engine coolant to heat the veggie up......crank on diesel.....switch to heated WVO (160 degrees is optimum) and run....switch back to diesel prior to shutting down.

There are commercial units with automatic switching valves or you can homebrew a system if you have the mechical ability.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks