• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Why a 10 K bid deposit?

greenjeepster

I have been of the belief that the 10 K bid deposit on some items is for items that they know will end over that amount and is an easy way to make sure the bidder has the money available. Lately; I have noticed more and more that they are placing a 10 K bid deposit on more and more items that only end up selling for a few hundred dollars. What on earth is the point of blocking out bidders with a high bid deposit on cheap lots? I sometimes want to bid on these lots, but if i give them a 10 K deposit I can't bid on anything else in that event because all my money is tied up in a deposit.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What other than fired brass has a $10K bid deposit. And even that, it's usually over 10k pounds in the lot. It's probably a way to get the non-serious bidders from finding out what the lot hammered down at, as it more-or-less sets a 'minimum acceptable bid' amount. What did you see that went for far less than the bid deposit? The real bidding on fired brass rarely starts before 5:30 (official end time was 5pm) and has lasted past 9:30, or at least that is when I gave up watching!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks