• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any photo's of an M51 with rear cargo cover fitted?

M35A2

Has anyone got any photo's of the M51 with the rear canvas cover fitted? I am interested to see what it looks like, as there is one for sale in the UK, but the pictures I've seen don't show the truck with the cover on.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Cheers

Andy

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did a google image search under several parameters and didn't find a pic. Maybe someone has one in their collection.

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Attachments

M35A2

Junkyard Wars Crusher said:
By the way Andy,

BUY THE M51!!!!!

2cents :wink:

Thanks so much for the pictures Junkyard wars crusher.

But I have a VERY, VERY funny feeling. Where did you get the photo of the M51 at the show?? That show is the War and Peace show at Beltring.

I have just looked at the photo of the truck for sale and you wouldn't believe it.

THE PHOTO YOU SENT ME IS OF THE VERY SAME TRUCK THAT IS FOR SALE.

I can't believe it. Have you got any more???

M35A2

Andy,

Look just above each of the pictures. Those are the links to the websites where the pictures are found. I don't believe there are any more of that particular truck, but you can have fun browsing around if you want. :wink:

It's not my website, but there are a lot of great pics.
http://www.m201.de/armytrucks/armytrucks.html
Thanks for the link, JWC. I look forward to looking at the pictures.

Andy

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I thought there was a thread floating around here that asked for an M817 picture with the cover installed, but this thread was the only one I could find. I just found these 2 shots online, thought I'd add them.

if anyone knows the thread that was specific to the M817 covers, a link would be most appreciated.

Attachments

CGarbee

Not a M51, but I did take a few photos of Bruce's 900 series tipper with the fitted cover back when he had it at Aberdeen (2004). One of these days I'll take photos of the fitted cover mounted on my M817 (most likely when I put it on for the 2008 East Coast Convoy...).

Anyway, a teaser photo is here with the rest on my website at:
http://www.garbee.net/~cabell/photos34.htm

Attachments

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cabell: I'm glad you took pics of my old dump with the cargo cover on it, because I never did. One of these days, I want to get the cargo cover kit on my current M929.

CGarbee

Bruce,
I was parked in the next row over and spent the entire weekend drooling over it... Of course I took a few. :) I just wish that I had taken more...
Current plans are to drive my M817 up to Aberdeen this year, with the top and troop seats in place. If you bring your M929, we can let folks compare and contrast. I'm also working really hard to get my XM708 done in time to bring it up as well...

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I really hope to have my M929 there. I might only have the two M925A2s there. I'll have to see. I can't wait to see your M817, though. I really like them and wish I never sold mine.

joec

M35A2 said:
By the way Andy,

BUY THE M51!!!!!

2cents :wink:

Thanks so much for the pictures Junkyard wars crusher.

But I have a VERY, VERY funny feeling. Where did you get the photo of the M51 at the show?? That show is the War and Peace show at Beltring.

That engine in the truck is a rebuild from Cummins . Painted black!

I have just looked at the photo of the truck for sale and you wouldn't believe it.

THE PHOTO YOU SENT ME IS OF THE VERY SAME TRUCK THAT IS FOR SALE.

I can't believe it. Have you got any more???

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
clinto said:
. . . if anyone knows the thread that was specific to the M817 covers, a link would be most appreciated.
Hey clinto (and all),

The very first post I made above (dated APR 3,2006) is very confusing because most of the pictures are missing due to the great server crash. Originally, there were many pictures posted and the links were there to serve as credit to the sources denoted by the links.
Additionally, at least one of the links no longer works and another of the links has been changed/updated. aua
Also, the original poster (Andy M35A2) asked for M51 pics, but then mentioned that the truck he was looking at was the same as the 817.
Still confusing . . . ? :cookoo:

Anyway, the good news is at least this link seems to still work, - http://www.m201.de/armytrucks/5-ton/m817/index.html
with lots of canvas pics if you scroll down and it is a M817 !!

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also, regarding 5-ton dump trucks:

If I am not mistaken, the M51 / M51A1 / M51A2 share the same bed as the M817, so the canvas would be the same also.

Not sure, but I believe that the 900 series dump trucks have a very similar bed with just a taller headache rack (bolt-on cab protector) to clear the wider cab.

Bruce, (or anyone?) confirm this?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks