• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ft Carson GL People

steelandcanvas

Glenn Minks and his Crew at Ft Carson provided us with outstanding customer service last Tuesday, January 19th. 70Deuce, another Club Member, and myself, took a road trip to recover my MEP-003A, and a few other items. My appointment was for 0930 and at 0937, we were standing in the DRMO Yard looking at the GenSet. The paperwork was done back in the office, and by 1000, we were headed to Burger King where I was informed I was buying lunch because I bought the largest item. This is the second time I have had the pleasure of doing business with Glenn and his crew, and we look forward to doing business with them again.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats on the smooth recovery...but I'm curious. It's now been two days since that recovery, and yet, we still have NO pictures. What's wrong with you man, you've been a member long enough to know we thrive on pictures!!!!! That combined with the fact that it's a generator makes me really anxious to see pics of it., so I just have to do this.

nopics

Seriously, congratulations, and I hope you got a good runner. Any questions, fire away.

70deuce

The crowd at the Ft Carson GL unit has always been extremely helpful and very cordial. Most of the vehicles listed below came from Carson. Glen Minks has led that group for the last few years and is the man. Unforuntely GL has cut the manning there from about 5 guys to one, Glen. So if you go after something at Carson, give Glen a break if he doesn't return phone calls immediately because he probably running around with his hair on fire cause he is the only employee managing a fairly big yard. While Glen was assisting us with our stuff, he had two or three more recoveries waiting outside the fence. Glen is one of the good guys in the GL system but seeing him flail around lately trying to maintain decent customer service, I wonder how long he will last there.

steelandcanvas

And you didn't even send me an invite to BS over lunch? Oh how you wound me.... :sad:

Glad it was a successful recovery...[thumbzup]

Later,
Joe
Joe, Honestly we thought you'd be working. In fact, we were pobably back at 70Deuce's place around lunchtime. There will be more trips...next time.

Last edited:

mcmullag

hey, over here

Give me a ringy dingy when you guys are coming to town.
That other guy, Ron, at GL there, he was a very patient and
nice guy too. Very sorry they are down to one person.
Were the M105's tagged for Guatemala and some other trucks
tagged for other countries, still sitting there?

steelandcanvas

Give me a ringy dingy when you guys are coming to town.
That other guy, Ron, at GL there, he was a very patient and
nice guy too. Very sorry they are down to one person.
Were the M105's tagged for Guatemala and some other trucks
tagged for other countries, still sitting there?
Glenn, It was a quick in 'n out recovery, although next time we should all get together and do lunch. Couldn't spend too much time looking around, Glenn Minks was up to his butt in alligators, being the only Guy left down there. A few trucks were posted Demil Q, didn't see anything posted for a certain destination. We all wished we had more time. Keep an eye out for us!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks