• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Multi fuel and the 1008 & 1009

orangerider300

I have seen talk about it but, has anyone actually used alternative fuels in these vehicles????? I am looking at eather or but alot of the purchase will depend on if a man can use alternative fuels in them.

The forum stated " No similar topics found'

Thanks
Derek
Logged in as orangerider300

jwaller

a search will do you good. there is so much that can and has been run by myself and others it does not need to be rehashed again.

the engine will burn anything that is flammable so your choices are nearly endless. only thing you shouldn't run is 100LL.

AaronW

a search will do you good. there is so much that can and has been run by myself and others it does not need to be rehashed again.

the engine will burn anything that is flammable so your choices are nearly endless. only thing you shouldn't run is 100LL.
A 6.2 will burn gasoline??? I think he is looking for ideas on UVO and BioD. Of course, by the title, one could assume he wants a Multi in a CUCV!?!

Last edited:

stumps

Uhmmm? Unless something drastically has changed, the M1008, and M1009 are not multifuel engines. The only thing they are supposed to burn is diesel.

You can, however get by with blends of diesel and WMO, or WMO and gasoline... and real biodiesel.

The trick is whatever you attempt to burn had better have about the same viscosity, lubrication, and Cetane characteristics as plain old diesel.

-Chuck

tmbrwolf

Will a 50/50 mix work like in the m35's. ??? I am doing some research but any info is very helpfull and will be ashort cut to me.

Thanks
Derek

A mix of what? these are diesel engines and never desisned to have "multifuel" capabilities, that said in the Army we ran DF1 (#1 diesel) DF2 (#2 diesel) and JP-8 (Jet A-1 aviation kerosene)

orangerider300

A mix of what? these are diesel engines and never desisned to have "multifuel" capabilities, that said in the Army we ran DF1 (#1 diesel) DF2 (#2 diesel) and JP-8 (Jet A-1 aviation kerosene)
I understand they are Diesel engines. I also understand it is possible to run a Mixture of wmo/umo and gas if mixed correctly or even vegatable oil if refined. In the army we were told to use what we had to if we needed to(emergency) get down the road. I dont believe the new Diesel engines(civilian) were designed to use a multifuel product either but they will run with it.

Thanks
Derek

stumps

I understand they are Diesel engines. I also understand it is possible to run a Mixture of wmo/umo and gas if mixed correctly or even vegatable oil if refined. In the army we were told to use what we had to if we needed to(emergency) get down the road. I dont believe the new Diesel engines(civilian) were designed to use a multifuel product either but they will run with it.

Thanks
Derek
Put too much gasoline in your engine, and it will stop getting down the road... maybe permanently.

The engine in your 1008/1009 is a civilian diesel engine. It won't be happy unless its fuel is as lubricious as diesel, has about the same viscosity as diesel, and has about the same cetane as diesel.

There are some mixes of gasoline and WMO that will meet its needs, but they will be around 75% WMO, 25% gasoline. They may get too thick in the cold weather.

SVO will work if you start on diesel, heat the SVO with engine coolant, and switch back to diesel before you shut down.

There are plenty of threads on this board that discuss blends that are suitable for diesels. There is even something in the Resources section.

-Chuck

mrcucv

the only thing i can see mixing in there is kerosene, but they already mix that in with th e diesel fuel in the winter time. the 6.2 is not meant to run on anything but diesel fuel ive seen someone put gas in it...bad idea haha

stampy

I run blended WVO and Diesel in mine now for over a year and in my Benz for 4+ years. Centrifuge it to clean it. Lots of info on other threads though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks