• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

5 ton winch

rizzo

has any one every put a hydro motor on a front winch before? I want to add the winch, but don't have a pto on the trans.

eddiec

rizzo, i'm going back to howards mv parts yard saturday. if you'ld like, i can pick you up a pto and linkage. no winches left, but i could also look for the pto shaft. if interested, let me know.

rizzo

I have a gasser in the truck with a auto trans. I could still use a drive shaft for my wrecker. $125 on that. I'm getting a brand new PTO for $300. I think that is a fair price. What do you think?

thanks

eddiec

300 is a very good price. pto drive shaft? btw, is it the same as the duece? no winches on trucks there to compare with.

bigford

I am planning to put a winch on my truck. It is a non mil truck with a 5 ton drive train, (t-case and axles) with the winch in the rear. Part-time rear t-case ptos are not easy to find and high when you do. I talked to Clark Truck Parts about a hydraulic drive and if I remember right, it was in the $700 range. They had the details and parts.
good luck

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 900-series 5-tons have hydraulic winches as factory. The problem is the motor projects back into where the front crossmenber is on a G744 truck. A fix is to remove the motor, put it just below the winch on a steel plate, and use two Browning sprockets & chain to make it work.

If you run the hydraulic motor/winch, just power it from the existing pump / resovoir for the power steering. All you need is a pressure regulator (1500 psi) and control valve between the pump and the steering (900 psi) regulator/control. If you elect to use electrical valves, you can operate the winch from anywhere you have buttons on a cord.

Cheap.

Works fine.

ddg

MB4/94

I just bought a hydraulic driven 5 ton winch from John Winslow, He's a good guy to deal with ! I'm now looking for a complete level wind set up for it. Anybody know where I can get one ??

rizzo

MB4/94 said:
I just bought a hydraulic driven 5 ton winch from John Winslow, He's a good guy to deal with ! I'm now looking for a complete level wind set up for it. Anybody know where I can get one ??

I am looking for a hydraulic set up I already have the winch and level wind.

anyone?

ida34

I have done business with them in the past and was very happy. I got a lot of hydraulic hoses and fittings that were real inexpensive compared to other sources.