• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Information Needed Please

M35A2

I am looking at this M54A2C that is for sale. There are a few things I would like to probe your expert minds on if I may?

The first is he said there is a re-build plate that says TEAD 12-88. Has anyone got any information on what this means???

Secondly, he told me the winch looks in A1 condition, buy the PTO shaft is disconnected. He has the prop shaft, but says he has never fitted it. Would this indicate a bad winch or PTO?? (I can't help having a suspicious mind)

Thirdly, does anyone know what the TM number is for the airpack re-build information? He said the brakes are sharp, but they stick on sometimes. I take it this would be the airpack unit???

Thanks guys. I might be in the M series truck owning club very soon, with luck!!

Andy

mangus580

Toole Army Depot, December 1988

I would suspect on the PTO, that it didnt have the shaft when surplused (taken for another truck maybe) You should be able to turn the winch input and get an idea.

Not sure on the airpack.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Andy, the airpak may simply need to be lubed. Small pug on rear of housing. an oz or two of pneumatic tool oil should help if the large piston is sticking and/or the control valves.
As usual, brake bleeding and adjustment of brake shoes may also be in order. Standard operating procedures.

M35A2

cranetruck said:
Andy, the airpak may simply need to be lubed. Small pug on rear of housing. an oz or two of pneumatic tool oil should help if the large piston is sticking and/or the control valves.
As usual, brake bleeding and adjustment of brake shoes may also be in order. Standard operating procedures.

Cheers Bjorn.

Sorry to be a pain. Can you direct me to this information. TM numbers etc. I have the maintenance CD-ROMs, but I could be hours looking, as their are millions of numbers.

Thanks again Bjorn.

Andy

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The rebuild info for the 2-1/2 ton is in TM 9-2320-209-34-2-1 and should be similar to the 5-ton.
You may also refer to article in MVM June 2002.

M35A2

cranetruck said:
The rebuild info for the 2-1/2 ton is in TM 9-2320-209-34-2-1 and should be similar to the 5-ton.
You may also refer to article in MVM June 2002.

Bjorn,

I am looking at the TM now. Is the Air Pack the same as the "Air Hydraulic Cylinder Assembly"?

It looks like a cylinder with a valve block assy at one end, and a pipe going from the valve block assy to the back of the cylinder tube???

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks