• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NEW ENGLAND RALLY???

colyork

The Haspin rally would be awesome to attend,but the distance and now the cost of fuel make the just short of impossiable :( So how about a rally for New England? What do you think The guys who get to to Haspin shouldn't have all the fun.

cten

Gee, I'd try to get to something closer... Weare is a 3 hour round trip. But lets face it... How many people in NE own military vehicles. Seeing as they started shutting down all the bases 15 years ago. Very anti military area NE.

m38inmaine

I will at weare, its the last weekend in July 27-28-29, too far to drive the deuce but I will be towing the M151 down on a trailer. There was a rally in Maine several years ago in Old Town, I had my m151 there and a few showed but not a big turnout. I think Weare is your best bet. Weare is a 7 hour trip one way for me.

acetomatoco

Don't forget the CT and RI and MA rallies all coming up...in the next few weeks...too These are all splinter groups from the old New England Club which in its heyday of the 80s had over 225 members... The Vermont Show at Norwich University, Northfield VT 13-14 July is my home club rally... The Stowe VT antique car show has two Military Vehicle Classes...too.

emr

How about the MTA of NJ? I would be glad to ask for our own parking area, I run the display area, and would be happy to put something together, its centrally located I think that has been the beuty of our show, minutes off rt 80 off of a major highway rt 15 north, to a really large Fair ground,mtaofnj.org is the web site can get the show info off of there, if anybody's interested, 2nd wkend in april. ?? Randy

sprucemt

cten said:
Gee, I'd try to get to something closer... Weare is a 3 hour round trip. But lets face it... How many people in NE own military vehicles. Seeing as they started shutting down all the bases 15 years ago. Very anti military area NE.
Are you kidding?

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What about upstate NY...about 20 miles from Cooperstown? My family has a place there on about 100 acres. There is a huge field that is mostly cleared for camping, vending, etc (the field was completly cleared about 15 years ago for farming and has been mowed, but not for a few years). There are also some rough roads for trail riding in the area that don't see much/any maintenance. If there is interest, I'd try to schedule something. It might be tough to do so before the summer, however, since I plan on attending the VA trail ride that MADDAWG is arranging and also Aberdeen in May.

sprucemt

Only State not having a show in the Northeast is Maine. There is another post talking about Maine"rs setting one up. NJ, NY, VT, CT, MA, NH and RI already have scheduled shows and rallys.

BEASTMASTER

weare is way to far for the beast. at 4 miles a gallon. been thinking about taking her to the R I show ,but will have to win the lottery.lol, the only one i can afford to drive to is the rochester show, which is getting bigger with more vehicles every year.will be at weare, RI,and webster, but with the pickups.usually do the lowell flea market in march to start off with. :driver:

emr

Its amazing how many vehicles are in wheare, the first year i went, my friend and i had 3 boys with us , and we ran into them on an icecream run, man that was a very respectable convoy! and those guys are unbelievably friendly, the boys ended up in the back of a deuce and what a way to get to the show for the first time, its first rate, to far so far to bring a vehicle, but I will at least once before im to old, i hope so, its worth it, Randy

beaubeau

Rally Round N.H.

Hey guys! I'm in Salisbury N.H. about 45 minutes North of Weare and I have 250 acres we could Play on! I would enjoying having MVs around anytime. I will be at the Weare Rally for the first time 08> I am new at this and would like to get involved more! Hope to see some of U this year!! Phil :beer:

Attachments

acetomatoco

RE: Rally Round N.H.

The above pic looks sorta like my place in VT in May after half the snow has melted...ha ha. One year I was able to measure 220 inches of snit.

beaubeau

SNIT!!??

:driver: Hey Acetomatoeco< I used to do Trucking all over Vt. few years ago, I never seen that much" Snit" !! I remember pushing Snow with the fron bumper of my TT. several times because State of Vt. didn't plow snow in the dark!! Hove a Happy!!

Attachments

5tonjeepman

RE: SNIT!!??

Hi.... I'd do Weare?? I live in Franconia NH, it would be 1hr and a 1/2 travel time for me to get there.. I love Kaisers, the 5-tons and deuces..
If you know when one would be scheduled please forward time, date and directions as soon as it is known.. I don't have a MV.:-(((((
But do share allot of enthusiasm and knowledge about them, I am a mechanic in the NG, my retirement is 21-jul-08 after 20-years of service to our country and 3-deployments, one to a hostile environment.
I hope the Colonal in Salsbury NH with his 250 acres gets on the schedul, that sounds great!! That's even do able for me as well as Weare.:)
Someday I hope to get a deuce or WC-51, my favorites!! Please let me know what happends.. I am very interested.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks