• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Ambulance

M36-A2

This is my 1982 GMC Ambulance, it has a 350/350 setup, dually, part-time 4x4, PS, AC (front and rear), walk-tru cab with sliding door. Does anybody know its NSN number and/or any military or non-military specs? I can't find anything about it. On the door says: USAir Force, for official use only. I got it in the UK a few years ago and it has only 33.000 miles on the odometer. Runs like new. It's about 1 foot longer than the more seen Dodge ambulance/M886
It is not the M1010

Scrambler

Hmmm, strange... I've been trying to get on this forum with my previous inlog name (M36-A2) for the last half year but it didn't work. So I made up a new account and now I see my old name is working again, automaticly inlog through my computer.

Well, M36-A2 and Scrambler are both me...

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That Ambulance did not have a M designation. would typically have been stateside.
it's a K3500 cab & chassis with an Ambulance body probably from Mark Body Co. here in Michigan USA

Scrambler

It is longer than a regular cab & chassis of K3500 series. The wheelbase is longer. I know of a kid who has the same vehicle, removed the ambulance body and put a pickup bed on it. He added about 1 foot; his plans were make a supercab, like Ford had in those days but instead he easyed up his project by adding a piece of bed. Looks weird, if you're used to regular size pickups.

FrankUSMC

This ambulance would have been at a base hospital. Just about every base has an ambulance that is sat up to go off road. When I went into the Marines, Parris Island had a nice 1 ton Dodge sat up like yours. Here at Cherry Point last year they sold a jeep 1 ton from the hospital. They are "off the self" purchases and have no "M" number nor are they 24 volt.
Great looking truck.
One of the few, Frank

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes it will be a bit longer. That style of pickup had a 56" length cab to axle. Trucks sold and chassis/cabs have a 60" standard cab to axle length.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks