• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M52 and M127A2C

M1075

Question- Does anyone know why the M871 trailers are not compatible with the M52? Manual says damage or injury can occur?

M1075

I think the M871 was the replacement for the M127. Higher payload and ISO container locks. Here is what the manual says for the M871. (Kingpin is 2")

Do not tow the semitrailer with the M52, M52A1, or M52A2 truck tractor. The
M52 five ton truck tractor’s inherent design capabilities are not compatible
with the semitrailer, and if used would result in a serious compromise to
the safety of personnel and equipment.

When towing the semitrailer with M818, M931 series, or M932 series the fifth
wheel wedges must be in the locked-in (pushed in) mode for highway and
secondary road use, and in the locked-out (pulled out) mode for cross
country operation.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just picked up my 127 for my M52 on friday. I had to go to San Antiono to get it. About 200 miles.

Desert Rat

M1075,

PM me on how much it set you back. I'm looking for the exact same set-up!!!!!!! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
1075, I'd love too but the truck has a knocking rod. I can't wait to get it going and go for a spin. I got the trailor for $300. And even the all the lights worked. It also came with the stake sides.

1ton

I can't remember the technical term for it at the moment, but i wonder if the distance from the forward most point to the pin is too long for the M52. Chech the tech drawings and see if the 5th wheels are the same distance from the cab on the tractors.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 127 does have air over hyd brakes. I need to go through both wheel bearings and brakes. Anybody know where i can get parts?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks