• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CCKW / M35 brake master cyl. interchangable?

Hello. Does the M35 deuce master cylinder also fit in an CCKW?Looks the same and many of the M35 cylinders (older style) having the 3 threaded side holes to mount it to the frame....Maybe they have another piston diameter bore, because ot the other brake assist method Hydrovac vacuum and compressed air....

badgmc56

There is a valve in the M35 master cylinder that the old cylinders don't have. Can't say if it would affect the braking power on the CCKW but I put a M35 master in my M-211 and it brakes normal with no problems.

badgmc56

No, it's not the stop light switch. The valve I'm talking about is located at the front of the master cylinder bore. The return spring holds it in place. It slows the flow of fluid when the master cylinder is on the return stroke.

paulfarber

It should work as long as you check that the mounting holes in the casting are threaded as per the CCKWs mounting holes.

There are some M35 MBC's that are threaded correctly (for CCKW use), and others that are not. I have no idea which ones are which.

CCKW MBC's are available.... is yours missing? Just needs a rebuild? They can be sleeved/rebuilt pretty cheaply.

New ones are listed as $170 (there is a core charge).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks