• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Won't idle down....

mcafee

Well, after rebuilding my carb and distributor etc on my 1967 M38A1 CDN2, my shake down drive went great. About 30 mins. and no issues. Since then, the jeep will start fine with the choke on the first or second turn of the engine. Idles fine, but after giving it a shot of gas it revs up fine, but seems to get stuck revving, somewhere around 1500 rpm or so. I have checked and double checked and lubed, greased, and cleaned the throttle linkage. It returns as it should, but the engine seems to hang there revving. I pulled the top off the carb and checked the float, but it was still set at 1/4 off the plate when inverted. It will idle down after 10 or 15 seconds, but it is really not driveable as it is.

Any ideas? I used the manual when I rebuilt it, so I am confident that the springs are in correctly etc. Obviously something tanked, but I am stumpd... I also plan on checking for any obvious vacuum leaks tomorrow.

Oh, and on a happy note, my wife and I found out yesterday that she is preggos, so there will be a new little jeeper in the house in Oct.

Here are some pics after the rebuild...

Some recent with the winter top..

Jeep and trailer.. Trailer is a 53 M100 CDN

No Doors

Topless

During resto

Before

And my 57 Willys CJ3B military, or M606

And when i started it

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I cant' help with the carb issue but welcome to the site! Your Jeep look great!

I was surprised your M100 had the composite style taillights instead of the earlier pot metal units.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks