• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Search Agents

tktsales

Anyone else have problems using GLs search agents. I have about a hundred saved agents. A few years ago I used to get an email every Monday with the results. This no longer happens. If I go into the search agents it shows "send weekly alerts" or something like that and this shows "NO" so I edit this and make it Yes and then within the next few times I log in it is set to NO again. I contacted GL twice and both times they tell me they sent it to IT dept and thats the last I hear from them. Its a great feature when it worked just curious is this happens to anyone else or if it is just my ever growing luck with GL !!

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What's a "search agent"? I've been on GL for a long time and I've never heard of it. Is it something where you will be notified if an item you're looking for comes up for sale?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Hey Ted, good to see you online. Yeah, they must have changed something, cause mine doesn't notify me anymore either. Its been months.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
mine does the same thing about once a month or so. It automatically changes the e-mail notification to "no", then I have to go back in and manually changes them all back to "yes"

By the way gimp, what's with the pink car in your avatar??? Shelley get a new car for you?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I think one of the mods got bored. I was wondering how long it would take for someone to say sumptin.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
wasn't me :?

tktsales

What's a "search agent"? I've been on GL for a long time and I've never heard of it. Is it something where you will be notified if an item you're looking for comes up for sale?

The search agent is exactly that. It is on the top menu bar of the main screen but obviuosly useless. One would think GL would want a feature like this to work as to sell more stuff??

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks