• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M60 mount for jeep

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There wasnt an exact section for this but its as close as it gets. I'm coming into a CJ5 soon and want to mount an M60 in the rear on a pedestal. I know its not exactly era specific. Cutting to the chase..

I want to fabricate this, in the pic, to some extent but cant see how the M60 is mounted on the pedestal it self. Also how it swivels. Any help?

Attachments

Avn-Tech

fuzzytoaster,

I will be tackling the same thing for my Jeeps (CJ-2, X 2 ea), later this year.
If I can find an original, I am sure I can copy it.

Included is a photos of my most recent CJ-2 project.

Laterrrrrrrr
Avn-Tech

Attachments

BLK HMMWV

M60 Mount

From that picture I'm a bit stumped.

I haven't seen a factory or military mount if you will that goes from a Vehical pintle (large pintle) to the M60 that looks like that.

You will probaly have to use a universal pintle adapter this will adapt from the large vehicular socket (like whats on the top of the mount coming up from the bed of the jeep) Then you can use whats called a goose neck pintle (looks like a smaller version of whats in your picture)
Or if you want you can adapt to a m142 ? mount that will allow for a ammo can

Check out www.cranetechnologiesinc.com for some pictures of the different mounts . look under both m60 mounts and cradles & tripods

BH

Last edited:

BLK HMMWV

m60 mount

After looking at your mount again after the last post I think you have a M48 mount with a M142 cradle the linked ammo is hiding some of the mount in the photo.

BH

Last edited:

David_4x4

After looking at your mount again after the last post I think you have a MK 48 mount with a M142 cradle the linked ammo is hiding some of the mount in the photo.

BH
Looks like an M142 cradle slimmed down with a bunch of it missing.

M142 cradles are the best option for mounting the 60 to a vehicle. Make sure you get the long pintle and not the short.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
fuzzytoaster,

I will be tackling the same thing for my Jeeps (CJ-2, X 2 ea), later this year.
If I can find an original, I am sure I can copy it.

Included is a photos of my most recent CJ-2 project.

Laterrrrrrrr
Avn-Tech
PM Sent

Looks like an M142 cradle slimmed down with a bunch of it missing.

M142 cradles are the best option for mounting the 60 to a vehicle. Make sure you get the long pintle and not the short.
I've searched and found long ones for $499.99. A bit much for a simple piping structure. Who else would sell these or M142's?

Heres a pic of my future jeep, others were too big.

Attachments

David_4x4

PM Sent

I've searched and found long ones for $499.99. A bit much for a simple piping structure. Who else would sell these or M142's?
That's about typical for the cradle. Some pop up on ebay or the sturmgewehr/sub guns boards every now and then for cheaper. I dont know what the pedestal mount assembly like the one in your pic runs for. Probably $300 or so for a reproduction.

Another option is buying a Universal pintle adapter, a .30/.50 pintle, and then a platform pintle mount for the M60. Only thing is your elevation limited and have no where to carry ammo neatly. A gooseneck pintle for the M60 will also work with the universal pintle adapter, but you dont get a travel lock (like with the platform mount or M142 cradle) and your gun will be bouncing around.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks