• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Goat batteries

Sevo

I am going to have to buy some batteries and was wondering what everyone else uses. I went to gamagoat.com and they recommend 6TL batteries. Is this what you guys use?

Let me know your thoughts

thanks

Chris

Stalwart

Group 24, 27, 29 or 31 are all fine. The 3-53 is easy to start and does not take much amperage or cranking. I recommend a battery cutoff sw. that takes away chassis ground. All the above is assuming your alternator is working properly. I'd save the money and get group 24 or 27 . . .

Sevo

Group 24, 27, 29 or 31 are all fine. The 3-53 is easy to start and does not take much amperage or cranking. I recommend a battery cutoff sw. that takes away chassis ground. All the above is assuming your alternator is working properly. I'd save the money and get group 24 or 27 . . .
Stuart,

Thank you for the reply. I was hoping there was an alternative. The 6TL have a nice price tag on them.

Does wally world carry the group 24 or 27? Where is the best place to buy these?

Thank you

Chris

Stalwart

I would think that ANY battery seller would have both group 24 and 27. Group 24 was the most popular size used in cars until underhood real estate became scarce. Group 27 was the standard size for larger sedans and light pickups for many years. Group 29 and 31 were "upgrades" for those pickups that needed more reserve power or for boats. Even most Diesel pickups only come with 2 Group 27 sized batteries. The Group 24 should be the cheapest and smallest of all of them.

Even Sears has them for under $80.00 for the more expensive marine units.

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What ever you buy ,DON'T BUY 6TL's They have to be one of the most unreliable batteries I have had dealings
with!!!! I would recommend you spend a little extra and get Optima's they are a high initial investment
but I have used them on all my projects in the past few years and they will last. Cheaper batteries
will do for a while but if you ever have to let these vehicles sit for any length of time ,the cheap batteries
will show their true colors. You do what you have to,but the Govt. has gone to the OPTIMA'S for
this very reason. I work on a SOCOM repair base and everything uses spiral cell technology.
Also I been waiting for a call from you. Whats up? Oh well, until we talk I will shut up.
Thanks for your time and understanding.

popacom / BILL KAGIN III in Ky. 2cents

area52

Optimas are a great battery but do not let them die and sit uncharged for a long period of time.

Normal lead-acid batteries can be revived but I have had no luck trying to bring an Optima back to life.

Sevo

Thanks guys for the replies. It helps narrow them down.

I have been pretty lucky with regard to batteries and my deuces. I have not had to buy batteries yet. THey all have come from GL with optima's. I may just have to break down and get some for the goats.

Bill,

thank you for taking the time to speak to me on the phone tonight. I really appreciate all the insight and information. I am really looking forward to getting the goats home so I can get to work on them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks