• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M810 with fresh paint

rizzo

M1075 said:
Are they Michelin XL 16.00R20?
yes on the hemmt rims. the front two are wider than the back to. I have the rims flipped the opposite way for the back, but the back spacing isn't right. I'm gonna have to flip the hubs later.

rizzo, have you flipped the rear hubs on your 5 ton yet ? i have 5 single type wheels ( thanks to hookin1 and eddeic ) that i think are hemit wheels. need 2 more. might check into a civy version for the last 2. i think the wheels i have are like yours so i will need to flip my rear hubs to make things line up. i was just wondering how much trouble i was in for. i wasnt in a big rush to do this untill citizensoldier and bigbee hooked me up with 8 of the ZXL 1600 x 20's most of them new ! now i cant wait to get'em on. cant imagine trying to locate parts and info without this site and the people that make it what it is.

rizzo

I havn't touched it yet. Started it up for a bog and a tire was flat, so I have to change that and put a thermostat in. I have an old thermo in that has the middle cut out, but it still over heats, so I'm gonna try a regular thermostat ans see if that helps.

do you have all your rims? I have a couple extra with no lock rings.

rizzo

they seem ok, but I don't have alot of drive time on it. the gas motor and big tires, doesn't have enough power to go down the road well. When i did drive down the road a couple times I noticed a softer ride than the 1100-20 NDCC. I'm gonna put the 1600's on my 5ton wrecker and that will be driven on the road often. I will know more in a couple months.

rizzo

motorolanut said:
Also did you remove the front bumper for tire clearance?
it came without a front bumper. It has one on it now. I don't think tire clearance will be a problem. the military put 1600's on there 5 tons. so does Osh Kosh Equipment in WI. I have winch bumper on both trucks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks