• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

sanctioned rallys?

Westech

CPL
There seams to be a TON of new little rallys popping up all over the place and that is GREAT! That is what this place is all about, making friends, sharing ideas, trading parts... ect. But does SS have any "sanctioned rally's" for say? I would think Haspin and The GA rally for sure.
Now don't think I don't care or want the little ones to go away but here is my thought: If we pool our rally's and try to make a couple really huge, it would benefit all. Such as now we have food at a couple rally's. I do not know about you but just that there saves me 100's of dollars in food and storage cost for one rally.
I am just trying to come up with ideas so more could and would attend a rally. You got to start some place.. It would not be a far off thought to see one or two huge rally's turn in to "shows" with the general public attending and all.

m109guy

I enjoy smaller events. The huge events cause the loss of the personal touch. While it might be seen as a way to cram tons of events into one, it really looses something in the process if you try to replace most of the smaller ones with a few huge events. I am not saying you shouldn't have larger events, they can be great fun, but using them to replace most of the smaller ones is not the way to go. There takes a lot of planning to get these smaller events up and going. You would likely need a full time group of people including some big money sponsors to get a huge event going.

While SS is a great group, I don't see how it could sanction an event as it stands. SS is a group of people in a forum. There is no association or elected representatives. So who would decide what event would be worth sanctioning? The MVPA, for example, is a group of military vehicle enthusiasts who elect a group of people to represent them. SS is not setup that way at the moment.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I like it as is...it's sorta regional if you take time to look.

If things start getting too formal with a command structure and/or elected folks that start making rules it takes away from the event IMO.
I like the rules etc set by the man that organizes the event...if ya don't like em...don't attend.

I think anyone that wants to travel great distances is already doing so.

Sanctions? We don't need no stinking sanctions!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's all about fellowship and having a good time with some good Americans and playing with some good examples of American Military Vehicles!!

I agree with M109guy also.

Attachments

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
last year i had the first la SS rally. i first contacted Chris and Mike and asked if it was ok with them that i plan it and use there SS logo on a shirt. i sent a proof of the pic on the shirt so they could see that is was nothing more and they expected.. a clean shirt with a date a duece pic.. i did this because there is hardly none of those LA guys that can take that long trip to GA for clintos bash.. the northern rallys... out of sight on the budget.. the 2nd LA SS rally is coming up and those that can take one or 2 days for a local drive(and the great guys an gals that come the long hauls too) to meet and see other members... so we can have small local rallys for those that can spend what they can afford and the big rallys for those that are up for the travel.. most are those that are retired or have the cash and a good running truck that can make it.. so ill see some here and some there... :beer:fat lady sings

Westech

CPL
I see that people still do not read the whole post or just cant understand what they read.. That is called functionally illiterate. I did not say I wanted to get rid of the little ones, or replace them with a big rally. I was putting it out there that we are able to take the next step forward.