• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Clearfield Utah

ICAT

New to the sight and looking to get a deuce. Anyone checking out clearfield utah that might help me out with inspecting a couple. I'm a retired 63A and currently an high school AutoShop teacher in Idaho and can't get down there.

By the way, Great sight.

Alredneck

Banned
Geeze, Can Folks give the new guy a break. So many folks always jumping on the soap box about the " RULES "!

ICat sorry, there are folks on here with no " TACT ". You will see this more as your stay here gets longer. I am sure some members on here in the Utah area will chime in a while. Deuces are fun and not that hard to work on just heavy. How long were you in the Army. did almost 12 befor ebeing Med Retired myself 11B. As for the Deuces on auction, you can ask about someone to go look for you but you have to do it through PM. Your post here isnt violating any rule as long as you dont post picks or lot numbers for the trucks youre interested in. THis is one reason we have this catergory to post under, DUH! When the Utah guys post up just click on there screen name and send them a private message about exactly what you are wanting. Its to bad your in Idaho ( still a pretty place ) cause I have to go to Clearfield to pick up a lot of A/Cs we bought. Hope this clearifies some. Again welcome to the site, and GoodLuck in your Deuce hunt!

ICAT

Thanks for the clarification. I did just shy of 21 yrs. The deuce is the first Army vehicle i learned to drive, but i never gave it a thought until I saw xtream 4x4. Now I must have one.[thumbzup]

Bobbed4x4

Banned
Welcome! A higher percentage of people here are actually willing to help, but you will run into the occasional person that will point out what you did wrong rather than actually try to help you. I think it's kind of funny the effort some people will go through to point out what someone did wrong, but put forth no effort to try to help that person in a nice way.......

gunner01

hey icat, I live in utah about 1 hr from HAFB I would be willing to go look for you. PM me with lot#s also there is a guy in Idaho that sells really great trucks, I bought mine from him and have never regreted it. His name is Alex Gordon he ownes Idahomotorpool. check him out at idahomotorpool.com

shootiniron

Gunner,Is the Clearfield site a secure one?I recently won a couple trailers and am currently waiting on EUC's.I'm hopeing the bows etc. are still there when I can finaly recover them.Thanks.

ICAT! Welcome to the neighborhood! I;m your next door neighbor from "Big Sky Country"! Montana!! The site really is great and its evident you have caught the "Green Fever"! If I can be of assistance in any way don't hesitate to PM me anytime if you have questions. If I don't know I'll find you somebody on this site that will give you an answer. Most of the members on this site are great! Also try to get into thr Messtent "Chatroom" It's fun and you'll get to meet a lot of good people and their wealth of information. Good luck !! elkhunter

Last edited:

uh60

Welcome ICAT. I would like to warn you that once you buy one truck it's hard to have only one. I baught my first M1008 back in 07 now I have a small motor pool. I live in Utah and would love to help you but I am in peoria Ill doing some work at the Komastu factory for the next few weeks. I hope you do get a deuce it is a great truck and is a good teaching tool.

Seth_O

Welcome ICAT. I am new myself and just purchased a lot from Clearfield in the last auction. Can't wait for the EUC to clear so I can go pick it up.

FWIW a SS member was kind enough to look the lots over for me, and the help he provided was invaluable and made my purchase possible.

My only advice - choose several lots you might be interested in to have previewed (assuming the kind soul that looks them over has time). You never know which one you will end up winning.

Good Luck.....

srodocker

Welcome aboard ICAT!!!

check out the link in my sig as its a PNW convoy :) even if you bring a civi vehicle your welcome along. shoot might get you hooked more. we do have a cpl guys on here in wa that are selling there trucks

ICAT

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. I can't wait to get my first deuce. I think I got the wife on board. :mrgreen: I checkout all the threads daily. I've learned alot . As far as the camp out goes, it sounds like a great time. I have to see when my son is coming home from the USAFA.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks