• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

anyone seen this before?

paulfarber

Thats an very early production CCKW. I wish more people would make thier trucks look that good. Notice that the spares were on the front hub... driver probably had to use both hands and a foot to turn that truck.

For more info on the tracks, the Tankograd CCKW book has a few pages on them.

emr

spares? U know what they are there for i am sure, it is a prime mover with bud wheels in the front for the very reason to have the 2 spare tires put on to place artillery ,these are facts. as for it being a hard steer, not at all, the Jimmys advertised in civy life at that time they were the easiest steering trucks on the market due to the worm gear sterering, and it was true, the one I had i ran the deuls in front for a few years, it steered like a dream, I also greased very regularly. properly maintenenced it was no noticable wear at all, as tight as the day i got it when i sold it, I got mine with 15000 original miles and enjoyed Her for some time,...

paulfarber

Do you have anything in a TM I could read to get more info on your claim? I don't want to misread the word 'spare tire carrier'. Spare as in extra...

So a CCKW, in 6x6 mode, with dual fronts AND these tracks is a dream to drive'? Hmm... I think that you might want to put your CCKW in 6x6 and drive around a bit to refresh your memory.... worm drive or not its a bear. The only thing helping in this specific instance is the terrain... lose dirt.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks