• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CMP Running Gear Swap

Marauder_Pilot

I'm looking into buying a CMP and replacing some of the old running gear-engine, transmission, transfer case and axels-with something more modern, in an attempt to build a vehicle that can safely drive long distances, and go more then 10,000 miles between engine rebuilds.

Anyways, has anybody ever done this-not necessairly on a CMP, but on any similar truck? Is this even that plausible? If so, any recommendations for an engine to use? What I was thinking of was buying an older pickup with solid axels, 4WD and a suitable engine (Space permitting, I'd LOVE to jam a small Cummins in there, but I'm not holding my breath).

Yes, I know, it's a bit of sacrilege to turn a CMP into a modern pickup with a CMP body, but, look at it this way-there's plenty already out there preserved in original condition, and it's not like we need to preserve a breeding pair. :p

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks