• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SR-71 Blackbird Flight Manual Declassified

jodka

The SR-71 Blackbird Flight Manual has been declassified. You can read it here.

The Blackbird was previously discussed on Steel Soldiers in this thread.

UPDATE: due to heavy traffic the website hosting the manual has temporarily removed it. The notice there currently states that it will return "soon."

Last edited:

Towerguy1

Fortunatly both of these vehicles will likely be preserved, along with their duplicates. However due to the fact that there are several of both craft.......... A nice SR-71 in the garage might be handy for those last minute getaways........

Towerguy1

SHhhhhhhh! Thats just great........ I thought we were supposed to keep the auction stuff quiet incase someone here was bidding........

I finally find a way off this muddy rock and you spoil it...............;-)

123mack

I just bought a SR-71 on the GL auction. Can anyone here tell me the proper throttle setting for startup? I'm going to fly it home ,as shipping is too much. Also what is the what is the little red light on the left panel in the cockpit for?:p

bugei

did ya'll see the last paragraph in the space shuttle for sale article?

As for the space shuttle main engines, those are now free. NASA advertised them for $400,000 to $800,000 each in December 2008, but no one expressed interest. So now the engines are available, along with other shuttle artifacts, for the cost of transportation and handling.

will they fit as a repower to a duece? i mean if they're free and all.

what is the bolt pattern? will they bolt right up to the 5 spicer, or will i need an adaptor?

Nonotagain

I just bought a SR-71 on the GL auction. Can anyone here tell me the proper throttle setting for startup? I'm going to fly it home ,as shipping is too much. Also what is the what is the little red light on the left panel in the cockpit for?:p
You must be new.

Please read the TM before posting questions that have alrady been answered.:deadhorse:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
A nice SR-71 in the garage might be handy for those last minute getaways........
If memory serves me a SR-71 once flew from London to Los Angles in four hours and some change.....and they routinely outran surface to air missiles......a quick getaway is a given in the "Blackbird".

They met the same fate as the Battleships....they cost too much to operate and technology rendered them obsolete.

Still way cool to look at even on static display.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If memory serves me a SR-71 once flew from London to Los Angles in four hours and some change.....and they routinely outran surface to air missiles......a quick getaway is a given in the "Blackbird".

They met the same fate as the Battleships....they cost too much to operate and technology rendered them obsolete.

Still way cool to look at even on static display.
WM, You are correct on the speed record... and what's more....
When the pilot landed and the "genius" media asked him, "What happens if someone breaks your new record?" the pilot coolly replied, "I'll just go back up and push the throttle past the 50% setting." WOW!!!

bugei

so when i get that motor installed, will my last words be "hold my beer and watch this"?

so, has anyone tried to open the manual? i tried in a few versions of ie 6,7and 8 and all i got was red x's on the pages. if you got it to open, what browser were you using?

thanx
dan

Last edited:

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That brought back the old days I use haul the turbine engine's from El Toro MCAS Ca to Nellis AFB NV
did it for 2 year's back in the eraly 90.
2cents

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks