• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oshkosh with Cummins 6 CTA 8.3 Temp sensor

nonpro

I recently purchased a Oshkosh aircraft refueler for our fire department it has a 6 CTA 8.3L cummins in it and I was wondering if anyone could tell me where to look for the temp. sensor as I have crawled all over the engine but have not found the sensor yet. Also does anyone know where I may find a manual for this truck NSN 2230-01-239-5371
R-11 Oshkosh refueler.
Thanks for any help

Last edited:

halftrack

I know on my M936A2 it is located on the front passenger side hidden under the rubber hose elbow going to the transmission cooler. It is well hidden and a pain to get to but it is there.

nonpro

Just wanted to see if anyone else had any ideas as to where this sending unit may be located as we still have not found it and see no where on the head to put on. Im going to another Fire Department to look at another one around 50 miles from my house this week. Thanks for any help.

mikepelchy

If you can get me the engine number or serial number, I try looking it up on cummin's website and see what I can find for you

saddamsnightmare

May 30th, 2010.

Nonpro:

Boy, that truck is sure unique.....! It reminds me of the refueler Harpers Ferry NHP got from the Martinsburg ANG, a 1967 Dodge with the same tank and pump set up, and an equally ugly cab.... I guess the USAF only worries about aesthetics in aerodynamics.... ground equipment is just too pedestrian....
Our guys tried to use it to haul water on the Blue Ridge for fire fighting and such, needless to say the Dodge was designed to work on dead flat runways, not 13% grades.... The only way it could get up some of the trails was to be pushed by a payloader....

Good luck with your truck....:p

STLvortac

nonpro, did you ever get this truck up and running for your fire Dept?

I apologize for digging up an ancient post but this was the most recent I could find for an R-11 refueler. They still show up on GL from time to time.

MtnSnow

Normally the Engine Coolant Temp sending unit is found on the passenger side of the block towards the front and hidden under the alternator.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks