• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy

redneckracerx

First off I'd like to introduce myself, my name is Nick and I'm from southern New jersey. I dont have a 5-ton but I did recently purchase axles from one and that's why I'm here. I'm trying to learn everything about them cause they're in need of a rebuild (at the least) and I'd like to modify them to work under my wheeling rig. So, right now I'm just lurking and soaking up all the great info.

Thanks,
Nick

redneckracerx

Thanks for the welcome :D I was starting to think you guys didn't like me because I was putting the rears in something non-military.

My rig isn't really a rig yet it's just a body and frame with some leafsprings mocked up underneath it. In my mind it's a 87 ranger with 26" chevy leafsprings a big block chevy with a 4 speed a np205 and a np 200 with 5 tons and 10.26 gears all locked up.

I'm looking for a rebuild kit for 5 ton axles. I saw the kit that boyce sells and thought it was a little pricey at $300. Is there anywhere else that may have parts or a complete kit? I haven't really gotten into my axles to see what I need but for something this old it seems like a good idea to replace everything.

I realize these are very stout axles and that they should hold up to this type of use (abuse) but is there anything internally that should be looked at or upgraded while I'm in there?

Thanks again,
redneckracerx@yahoo.com
Nick

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those are slightly heavy and if you have the 10.26 gears pretty rare. The Honest John trucks had the 10.26 gears and the bridge trucks might have. Are you going to run tractor tires or what?
BTW, welcome. You might be a mudder at heart but if you hang around here much, there will be a green truck in your future.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks