• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pickup from Hill AFB

Seth_O

Anyone that's done a recovery from Hill AFB?

Wondering if they will let you do any work on the truck at the site - i.e. change fluids and filters (just minor stuff, not talking an engine rebuild.)

I bought a 'starts and runs' vehicle, and am crossing my fingers that I will be able to bleed the brakes and check the fluids there and then drive it off the lot and ~40miles to my in-laws place in SLC. That's where I will do the real work in prep for the 650 mile drive back to my house.

I picked up a trailer there a while ago. I didn't need to do a lot of work on it before I departed. Once they got me to the trailer, they left the area and I checked out with someone at the GL gate. The GL folks were okay, I had no problems with them. There is a pretty large lot so I don't think you would have any problems. If you need to load it on a trailer, they do have a loading ramp available. Good luck
Mark

unclemikey

Always had a good pick up at Hill. Nice folks at G.L. Security at the gate is for real, have a clean truck, no firearms, papers in order, ect. Get at the gate early, there will be a line. No sweet, have fun!:grd:

Seth_O

Tks for the replies guys. This is my first pickup, I assume GL will send me the paperwork that I need for the pickup? Is it just the PIF invoice?

Also - will they let you bring a camera? I'd like to document the recovery, for posterity's sake [thumbzup]. I assume that when I contact HAFB they can tell me the day & time I can come pick it up?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks