• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

UH60 Blackhawks

gunboy1656

You guys drove me bonkers, had one almost take out one of my antennas and did not help living a half mile from a flight line in Iraq.

Although, thanks to my team chief and her brain (and nude sunbathing) in Iraq, I got to meet quite a few pilots, who loved circling our FOB to get peeks.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I always preferred the Whop Whop of the Hueys...:roll:
I have flown in just about everything with rotors on it but I will forever love the Huey.

The "Hawk" is a great machine but us old schoolers are set in our ways.

"Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth –Put out my hand and touched the Face of God."

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A guy in the Army told me that to never get into a Blackhawk that wasn't leaking hyd oil, because it's out.

Don't know how true it is but it's kind of funny. :D

68t

thanks for the great pictures. If you get the time go to military. com They have the aviation section, Lot of good aviation information and pilots and crew. , [droop out , chocks out, ready in rear]

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Outstanding pics....Took many rides in those birds.[thumbzup]

Truthfully though...I always preferred the Whop Whop of the Hueys...:roll:
Papabear, at NTC last month I was surprised to hear that whop-whop of Hueys amongst the Blackhawk/Apache thrumming. We had two of them involved in the exercise for four days, they were the "other guys" air support.

Great pictures LT, thanks for sharing. I miss those days.
What does the back of that one helmet say? Something about "..screaming 'I'm scared'..."

The Huey is my favorite, I tell people a helicopter is fatiguing metal surrounded by an oil leak.
I always liked "Helicopters don't fly, they thrash, howl, and vibrate until the ground rejects them", and "Formation flying is two helicopters going roughly the same direction on the same day".

Cheers

Attachments

Last edited:
Papabear, at NTC last month I was surprised to hear that whop-whop of Hueys amongst the Blackhawk/Apache thrumming. We had two of them involved in the exercise for four days, they were the "other guys" air support.

Great pictures LT, thanks for sharing. I miss those days.
What does the back of that one helmet say? Something about "..screaming 'I'm scared'..."

I always liked "Helicopters don't fly, they thrash, howl, and vibrate until the ground rejects them", and "Formation flying is two helicopters going roughly the same direction on the same day".

Cheers

It says "Stop Screaming I'm Scared To" VIPs love it lol:-D

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks