• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL "Fine Print" vs. Missing parts

Corprin

It has been well over 60 days since GL has "EUC sent to Battle Creek" listed, and I have now brought in the investigators at BC on the matter. Ironically enough, the people at BC are amazing to work with, and very helpful.

With their help, I hope my EUC is cleared in the next few days, and I can finally pick up my M101a2 from Little Falls, MN. The event there was quite small, and out of four items, two were M101a2's; mine and one without tarp/bows. Because it has taken so long, I am worried that my trailer is now sitting there with no tarp/bows, and the bits are rolling around behind some happy new owner who's EUC didn't take over the "limit". I have saved/printed the original auction page from GL, including the "zoomed" picture where you can clearly read the event and lot number written on the front of the tarp in chalk.... so I know it's mine.

If my fears are founded, and the tarp/bows are missing off my trailer, do I have a leg to stand on against GL? Would this be a situation for refusal to sign for the trailer, and start a claim with GL? I do want the trailer, but I bid a bit higher than I wanted to because it had the tarp/bows which are needed.

wsucougarx

You can file a claim with GL. I know a guy who filed a claim b/c someone swiped his mudflaps off of a M818. They were in the GL pics before auction and then were gone when I went up to inspect the truck for him. I believe GL awarded him $400 for the mudflaps.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think your stuff is safe at the Little Falls location, I've never had any problems with anything I've bought there. John, the GL rep, is with you all the time so people wouldn't have a chance to swap stuff.

Corprin

I think your stuff is safe at the Little Falls location, I've never had any problems with anything I've bought there. John, the GL rep, is with you all the time so people wouldn't have a chance to swap stuff.
I am not too afraid, I just want to have my ducks in a row before I get there.

Plan for the worst, hope for the best.

goldneagle

If there is anything missing make sure you file the report immediately while you are there. (before you leave the base.)

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If there is anything missing make sure you file the report immediately while you are there. (before you leave the base.)
It actually takes a while to start the claim process, but have the GL rep witness the condition and note this on your and his copies of the paid invoice that the items were missing when you pick it up. Do not leave without doing this! If you don't want the trailer if it is missing some major components or has damage, you can refuse the pickup, but make sure you have very good documentation of the original condition.

I had to provide paid invoices of the replacement items that were damaged so that GL would reimburse me.

Nonotagain

It actually takes a while to start the claim process, but have the GL rep witness the condition and note this on your and his copies of the paid invoice that the items were missing when you pick it up. Do not leave without doing this! If you don't want the trailer if it is missing some major components or has damage, you can refuse the pickup, but make sure you have very good documentation of the original condition.

I had to provide paid invoices of the replacement items that were damaged so that GL would reimburse me.
My one and only claim with GL was refused by GL due to me removing my item from the location instead of refusing the item.

I purchased two trailers on a single auction item. The item count listed two, the NSN numbers listed two different trailers.

I filed my claim before removal, yet the d**che b*g Monica from GL refused the claim stating that I should have not accepted the items while I had an active claim.

GL will void the sale, give you back your money, (they won't pay you interest on holding your money) then relist the item at which time, the relisted items may bring them more money the second time around.

Playing with GL is like playing cards with a card counter. You have an illusion that you can win, but in the end, you still loose.

wikallen

I filed a claim for a missing boarding ladder. I did this while waiting on the EUC, and I was lucky to get the credit before Paid in Full. Took 15 days for the claim office to give their decision.

I gave them an estimate what it would cost for me to buy a ladder plus shipping, and showed them links to ones from dealers. If you live chat, and request a claim form, they will email you back. Well they are supposed to. It took me 3 chat sessions, 3 days in a row to get the claim form sent. Story was that the claim department was gone for a few days.

nhdiesel

Before you file a claim decide whether its enough for you to give up your trailer over. And as others have said, do NOT accept the trailer if you intend to file a claim. Most of the time when you file a claim, you don't get reimbursed for the item(s) missing, they just void the sale and refund your money. So if its something minor, take the trailer and live with it. If the trailer is no longer worth what you paid, leave it and file a claim.

Jim

Dave Kay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I filed a claim for a missing boarding ladder... while waiting on the EUC,...
Huh? Does GL let you come on base to inspect BEFORE EUC is cleared? How did you know BEFORE you picked up the vehicle that something was missing?

Never heard of this, can you shed some light?

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've also had good luck talking with the GL site reps who will often go look at the equipment for you and give you a verbal observation. If they are not busy they will sometimes do this, although I don't believe they are supposed to. Most are decent people.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks